The Student Room Group

Year 11 girl - any advice ??

About to take my GCSEs in May/ June and hen Sixth Form. Any advice in general.
Also do you want any advice from me perhaps.
(edited 6 years ago)
Revise. examiners don't care what gender you are they don't even know your name. Revise cut out habits of playing games or watching tv and study
Reply 2
Original post by EuphoriaTrash
Revise. examiners don't care what gender you are they don't even know your name. Revise cut out habits of playing games or watching tv and study

Sound good thanks
Remember they actually count for something, not just 'to get onto my A-Levels' - they've been the determining factor in multiple interviews of mine to get a job/offer.
Work for them tbh, you have them forever. It's not worth the disappointment on results day.
That's me being honest, as an A2 Student - they don't get easier. You have to get into the swing of revising early.
if you do early revision and work hard from the beginning everything would be easy for you trust me. Go back through everything you learnt and always do homework the day you get it as it's revision and does come up on the gcses
Reply 5
Original post by CyberJake
Remember they actually count for something, not just 'to get onto my A-Levels' - they've been the determining factor in multiple interviews of mine to get a job/offer.
Work for them tbh, you have them forever. It's not worth the disappointment on results day.
That's me being honest, as an A2 Student - they don't get easier. You have to get into the swing of revising early.

Interviewers care about GCSEs !?!?!?!? I'm screwed.
Reply 6
Start your revision now, but do little and often and make sure you find some time to relax and unwind, stress can be a great motivator in the short term but can really bog you down if you don’t have some downtime as well 😊
Reply 7
Original post by mbath
Start your revision now, but do little and often and make sure you find some time to relax and unwind, stress can be a great motivator in the short term but can really bog you down if you don’t have some downtime as well 😊

I've started my revision but I struggle with methods of revision that work. Any tips there ??
Reply 8
Original post by Got KoolAid
if you do early revision and work hard from the beginning everything would be easy for you trust me. Go back through everything you learnt and always do homework the day you get it as it's revision and does come up on the gcses

I have been revising but the homework on the day aspect is something I should probably work on.
Interviewers mostly care about A levels anyone who says GCSES just wants to know if you passed maths and english.
Reply 10
Original post by Got KoolAid
Interviewers mostly care about A levels anyone who says GCSES just wants to know if you passed maths and english.

Ok I'm sure I'll pass English and I'm almost at an 8 in Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest