Turn on thread page Beta

I've been with him for 4 months, I like him but I don't have the courage to speak him in person long, I just don't know what to say. I'm a shy person I used to have 1 or 2 friends until college now I have a lot and I find it hard to talk to people since there's more people. but I find it even harder to speak to him. How can I gain courage I don't want to lose him because if my shyness
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been with him for 4 months, I like him but I don't have the courage to speak him in person long, I just don't know what to say. I'm a shy person I used to have 1 or 2 friends until college now I have a lot and I find it hard to talk to people since there's more people. but I find it even harder to speak to him. How can I gain courage I don't want to lose him because if my shyness
    When you say you've "been with him", do you mean as friends? If you've known each other for 4 months, you must have had opportunities to talk to him. Ask him about his interests such as the kind of music he likes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As the above user has said, we assume you mean you've known this guy or have often been in the same place as him (e.g. At a class/lecture) for four months. It can be incredibly daunting talking to someone you like, but remember that there is no "deadline" in becoming friends. The fact that you are speaking, however, shows that he is at least interested in talking with you, which you should take as a confidence booster. The key is to just ask him questions and be the good listener I'm sure you are - you don't have to say much, just things like "how was your weekend", "how are you finding the work", or observe something to talk about like if he likes a certain band, game, book etc. No harm can come from just speaking to him, and it's only by talking that you'll find it easier to gauge whether he is interested in you too or not. Take it as a good sign that you have a lot of friends though - they wouldn't have put the effort in to be your friend if they didn't like you. Just give it a go and don't have your expectations high until you know what the deal is. Best of luck

sorry I didn't make it clear that I'm with him >.> I'm just scared I might say the wrong thing. I was ostracized through out primary and secondary school from bullies and I had 1 or 2 friends who I spoke to so this all is new to me and I don't know how to carry on a conversation

sorry I didn't make it clear that I'm with him.. I just don't know how to talk to people and carry on conversations since I only had 1 or 2 friends during high school since I was ostracized through out primary and secondary school so I had no one really to talk to as my friends back then weren't that talkative. I don't know how to talk to people mainly. I'm the only child and only have 1 parent I'm not used to speaking to anyone other than my parent

sorry I didn't make it clear that I'm with him already.. I'm bad at speaking to people since I was ostracized through out primary and secondary school so I had only 1 or 2 friends.. I don't know how to speak to anyone who I'm not that close with

ReputationRep:
    ---

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.