Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi just bought a suzuki swift for my son I insured the car with more than the car has alloy wheels that are suzuki when the black box's people came to fit he told me they were the wrong wheels and he could not fit the box's my insurance was then cancelled as it was classed as modified when trying to get new insurance they ask have you been declined insurance do I have to declare this as I have been turned down twice when I tell them why they don't what to know thanks in advance
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Craigt69)
    Hi just bought a suzuki swift for my son I insured the car with more than the car has alloy wheels that are suzuki when the black box's people came to fit he told me they were the wrong wheels and he could not fit the box's my insurance was then cancelled as it was classed as modified when trying to get new insurance they ask have you been declined insurance do I have to declare this as I have been turned down twice when I tell them why they don't what to know thanks in advance
    When they ask if you have ever had insurance cancelled, then yes, you have to declare it, because yes you have had insurance cancelled.
    The prices in future will be high, and some insurers will refuse to give you a quote. The reason for this is because in their eyes, having insurance cancelled makes you more of a risk to them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Craigt69)
    Yep, you do; you have a cancelled policy.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, you also have to declare refused insurance as well. The alloys on the swift are aftermarket you can't get them as stock (for example you can get extra inches on the rims on a SEAT Ibiza, but it's done during the build process, not after the car's already been shipped). Just a bit of poor research on your part unfortunately.

Normally I'd say to check to see whether they'd have insured you if you did declare it (as this would potentially have circumvented your cancellation), but I already know More Than young drivers don't support modified vehicles in any way.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.