Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How’s your mental health and what level are you at? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, just wondering. How’s everyone’s mental health while studying? And what year/level are you at?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm antisocial since I experienced racism in year 6 (now in uni) and the back of my head shakes so violently like I'm having a suppressed fit when 2 or more people look/speak at me (especially those of my age or older and are females). So I just turn to music. .

ReputationRep:
    I had an anxiety disorder in 2012 but I have done well to get rid of it (almost) now I feel much better.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at GCSE / year 11. My mental health is surprisingly good since I'm dealing with the exam stress and carrying on with things that I enjoy. However, a good few people in my classes have mental/emotional breakdowns fairly often.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf I don't think anxiety is an illness because almost everyone gets anxious at some point in a day.

ReputationRep:
    Near the end of year 11 and the last few weeks have been extremely bad in terms of my mental health.
    Not going to go to details but depression has been an issue. Seem to be getting better know though.

ReputationRep:
    Not had a bad spell for a little while so I guess I'm on top of things.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    First year undergrad. Dipped last year during/following A Levels. Coming back to form now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fasih123)
    Tbf I don't think anxiety is an illness because almost everyone gets anxious at some point in a day.
    Wrong. Everyone gets anxious at some point but not everyone is so affected by anxiety that it begins to affect their day to day functioning and cognition. That's the difference.

ReputationRep:
    Still need time to heal myself.

ReputationRep:
    Year 12, and I was having a majorly good streak for a good portion of year 11 but it's gotten really bad since I started sixth form

ReputationRep:
    12th grade, senior (Year 13?), mental health not good. Still grieving my mom's death from last year, and forced to go to college :/

Year 13 and I have BDD which I suffer with on a daily basis and severe social anxiety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishRawr)
    So, just wondering. How’s everyone’s mental health while studying? And what year/level are you at?
    I am on a year out of university right now after struggling with anxiety at university in first year and going through some personal issues. My mental health has been very up and down in this year out but it has actually been quite good since 2018 has started. I am setting some goals for myself and learning to be happy with the small things and appreciate what i have. Also, i am making decisions now about returning to university which is exciting.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    First-year degree apprenticeship student and my mental health levels are plummeting as we speak, I'm shocked at the lack of support the university has but my HR department is fairly supportive though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing (or re-doing) BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 a levels) and my mental health's not doing great. I always say oh it's not as bad as last year or the year before etc. but I think it's just always quite bad, I just don't realise until I step out and realise oh crap, yeah still bad. I have anxiety and severe depression and studying, doing work and anything in life that requires motivation I find difficult. I'd love some tips on how to get ANY motivation. I have none and it kills me (and my grades).

ReputationRep:
    I’m in year 12 and my mental health isn’t that good tbh.. not very happy at my sixth form and I suffer from depression and anxiety. I feel that by concentrating on my work actually helps, as well as talking to people I trust about my feelings on a daily basis.

ReputationRep:
    I have a 9-5 job.

The end of 2017 was really tough for me - my psychiatrist changed my medication which led very bad situation then I couldn't get hold of my old medication. Only got it a little while ago but already feeling a lot better, My work has no idea about my MH stuff, I think I'd probably get chased out if they did as I live in an area with very "old-fashioned" views and my work colleagues subscribe to those ideas. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Studying really improves my mental health and it’s probably the main thing getting me through everything right now

ReputationRep:
    Facing no mental health issues thankfully. A-level student.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.