The Student Room Group

Mature student wanting to join the High Achievers

I am a 23-year-old applying for Applied Science BTEC L3 at college. After completing my course I will be applying to several Russell Group universities. I want to join my colleges High Achievers Academy but they are telling me I can't because I'm a mature student. Is there a workaround and why would they exclude mature students? Has anyone else had this treatment?
Original post by MDShields
I am a 23-year-old applying for Applied Science BTEC L3 at college. After completing my course I will be applying to several Russell Group universities. I want to join my colleges High Achievers Academy but they are telling me I can't because I'm a mature student. Is there a workaround and why would they exclude mature students? Has anyone else had this treatment?

Maybe you want to show us what the rules are for the high achievers club and the criteria?

Why do you wish to join?

Why do you think you qualify?
Original post by MDShields
The following link is to the college's High Achievers page. It does not describe any particular qualifications needed or any age requirements. The university courses I intend to apply to are highly competitive and I hoped the HAA would give me the extra support that it describes on their page. As to current qualifications, I don't have the necessary ones to apply to a medical school which is why I am applying for Applied Science. Many universities do accept DDD (AAA equivalent) at BTEC Level 3.

https://www.cirencester.ac.uk/support/high-achievers/

So just to be clear... you want help into this club or the universities?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending