Turn on thread page Beta

Does this count as child abuse/is there a point where it becomes so? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

My friend has been going through a lot of stress with her parents, and we're trying to figure out if there is any point where this kind of comment becomes abuse:

* "You're worthless"
    * "You're the cause of all our problems"

I know that (within reason) physical punishment is legal, but I haven't seen anything about mental abuse and I really need to know if there is a law about it.

Hayden
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    not unless there it has serious effect on the person like traumatized, or affecting their daily activities. Depending how much damage it does it can be count as psychological/emotional abuse. And you can contact the authorities i.e. the police because verbal abuse can put someone down to a point they consider death better than life. If occasional seek therapy or some kind of help.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.