Turn on thread page Beta

Boys are confusing and I suck at feelings watch

ReputationRep:
    Really tho, why are feelings so weird and awkward.

I realised recently that I have an awful habit of getting a bit flirty with guys (mutual) but as soon as things tend to get more serious I pull away like f**k. Sometimes it's because it's getting too real or sometimes because I don't know if it's genuine. Even if afterwards I regret it and begin to get "feels". Of course by this point we're not speaking anymore and I'm left wondering what would've happened if I didn't steer away from any serious talk or if anything was actually going to happen at all.

oh and romance and relationship things kinda freak me out too??? honestly what a mess. Anyone relate?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

OMGG YESSSS !!!!!!!!!! i thought i was the only one. the thing is i dont even try to be flirty im just nice but it comes off that way to some guys and as soon as i find out or see signs of them 'liking' me even if they sometimes dont i completely shut down and shut them out and push them away to the point where im rude and ignore them until we just stop talking to eachother.... even tho i never liked them and i dont get feelings back i still regret ruining that friendship... which is pretty much why i only have girl friends :'( but im just SO glad its not just me that has this problem. phew. i really dont know why i do it either to be honest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lren10)
    Really tho, why are feelings so weird and awkward.

I realised recently that I have an awful habit of getting a bit flirty with guys (mutual) but as soon as things tend to get more serious I pull away like f**k. Sometimes it's because it's getting too real or sometimes because I don't know if it's genuine. Even if afterwards I regret it and begin to get "feels". Of course by this point we're not speaking anymore and I'm left wondering what would've happened if I didn't steer away from any serious talk or if anything was actually going to happen at all.

oh and romance and relationship things kinda freak me out too??? honestly what a mess. Anyone relate?
    How do you think Cambridge Mathmos feel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OMGG YESSSS !!!!!!!!!! i thought i was the only one. the thing is i dont even try to be flirty im just nice but it comes off that way to some guys and as soon as i find out or see signs of them 'liking' me even if they sometimes dont i completely shut down and shut them out and push them away to the point where im rude and ignore them until we just stop talking to eachother.... even tho i never liked them and i dont get feelings back i still regret ruining that friendship... which is pretty much why i only have girl friends :'( but im just SO glad its not just me that has this problem. phew. i really dont know why i do it either to be honest...
    oh no you're definitely not the only one!! I get that too sometimes, when I'm just trying to be nice and someone else catches feels and I'm just like sorry but I cannot deal with that. I always feel bad for not liking them back so I just end up ignoring them but feelings just stress me out and I can't deal! Same here, I don't really have many guy friends! Tho some fears may stem from my last "relationship" (which wasn't really one) I thought I liked him but I felt so awkward and anxious being with him. man feelings suck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyber Ninja)
    How do you think Cambridge Mathmos feel?
    please explain lmaoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lren10)
    please explain lmaoo
    It was a social inability joke at their expense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyber Ninja)
    It was a social inability joke at their expense
    ahh I got you now 😂

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.