Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I met a guy at a firm open day in London and found out that he goes to the same uni as me but is in the year above. We kind of hung out on the day - sat one the same table had lunch together etc - and he added me on fb under the pretence of sending me some notes for our course. Basically has sent me the stuff and I said thanks, but then I didn't reply because I wasn't really sure what to say and I thought he was just being polite, and tbh I was quite busy.

A few weeks later we matched on tinder and he messaged me. After a few messages, he made a joke about me ignoring him on fb and then gave me his number and said I should text him. That week I was really really busy - had an interview etc - and didn't get round to replying to him or texting him. A few days later he saw me in the library and came and chatted to me. We basically just chatted about the course and he said he would send me his course work from last year that I'm currently working on. At the end of the convo he kind of made another joke about me not texting him and I kind of apologised, basically saying that I'd been really busy and had had an interview etc.

Anyway, he sent me the stuff and I decided to text him to say thanks. We've now been texting a bit but like really slowly, like each sending one text per day. I'm just kind of confused, have I scared him off by being so flakey before? Or does he not like me at all? Like, I texted him first so I kind of feel like I might be bothering him, as I know he's also very busy, but also I thought he wanted me to text him but I might have misread the joke. My hearing isn't 100% so I'm kind of freaking out like what if he actually said "please don't text me" after we spoke in the library? Should I just ask him out? I would usually, but it might be awkward as we do see each other around...

I'm so confused!!!! HELP!!!! <3

ask him out
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.