The Student Room Group

Why British Pakistanis are more conservative than Pakistani Muslims?

I don't know about other ethnicities but I can bet that British Pakistani families are more conservative than middle-class Pakistani family. British Pakistani families have their daughters married off at the age of 17 and most of the kids go to Islamic schools which is not the case here in Pakistan apart from mullahs here. Yeah we observe Ramzan and pray 5 times a day but nothing extra ordinary like British Muslims who won't even let a girl talk to a boy
well u need help...cuz that is NOT the case at all. freshie fix up lol
I agree..
Original post by Fasih123
I don't know about other ethnicities but I can bet that British Pakistani families are more conservative than middle-class Pakistani family. British Pakistani families have their daughters married off at the age of 17 and most of the kids go to Islamic schools which is not the case here in Pakistan apart from mullahs here. Yeah we observe Ramzan and pray 5 times a day but nothing extra ordinary like British Muslims who won't even let a girl talk to a boy

that's not true from my experience. my dad's family is pakistani punjabi and my mum's pathan. they're really chilled out. i've told them that i don't intend on getting married, i'd rather focus on my career. they were tollay fine with it.
i was home schooled for GCSE because i wanted to be and they're fine with me talking to boys. that's a rather stereotypical view perhaps. :smile:
Its because British pakistanis have less money and more of them live in working class environments.
Reply 5
i totally disagree. I'm British with family from Pakistan and i can guarantee you that my parents don't want me to get married at the young age of 17. I go to a mixed non Islamic school (so boys and girls can talk to one another), yet am still able to pray and fast and wear a scarf. A lot of the people i know have siblings in their 20s and even 30s that aren't even married yet. British Pakistani's are not as conserved as you may think.
Original post by _InnocentOne_
I agree..

Same here.

Quick Reply

Latest