The Student Room Group

Why do I have so much blood in my snot?

It's so weird every time I blow my nose (not hard) blood comes out in the snot from my left nostril.my right nostril is totally fine so I don't understand. This has been happening for a while now
You're blowing it too much?
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
You're blowing it too much?

i dont think so, i only blow it gently when i have mucus up there. I have quite a lot of mucus in general (i think i may have that nasal drippage thing but not sure) so i clear my throat a lot but yeh
Reply 3
If your nose is bleeding it means you're picking it too much. Or not enough.
Reply 4
Original post by math42
If your nose is bleeding it means you're picking it too much. Or not enough.

i dont pick my nose :tongue: i couldnt anyway really cos my mucus is quite runny, when i blow it out it is just streaky red snot
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
It's so weird every time I blow my nose (not hard) blood comes out in the snot from my left nostril.my right nostril is totally fine so I don't understand. This has been happening for a while now

The blood vessels and skin inside your nose are really delicate. If you've had something like a cold and are blowing your nose more than usual or have anything else irritating it it can cause a little bit of damage that makes your nose bleed. As long as it's not buckets of blood or going on for ages (like more that a couple of weeks) it's nothing to worry about. You can just wait for it to sort itself out. Any longer than that and it's still not really worrying, but might still be worth getting checked out.
If this is a more long term thing for you (like you haven't had a cold or anything and this is your normal), then you might like to pop in to see a pharmacist or failing that your GP. Probably nothing important, but obviously it's rather annoying so they may be able to help you out with it.

Hope that helps :smile:
Perhaps ur blowing too much
Are you snorting cocaine, amphetamine, methyl phenidate, or any other recreational abusable pharmaceuticals?

Quick Reply

Latest