Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So for third year I’m attempting to get a placement.
    So far I’ve had one lot say they want me to my face, then behind my back tell my course leader I don’t have the right skill set.
    I’m waiting on word back from the third, as the second dropped out last minute.

So I’ve taken it upon myself to try and get a fourth, however they are concerned over the costs, and timings.

Anyone in a similar boat of frustration?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by LAProbert)
    So for third year I’m attempting to get a placement.
    So far I’ve had one lot say they want me to my face, then behind my back tell my course leader I don’t have the right skill set.
    I’m waiting on word back from the third, as the second dropped out last minute.

So I’ve taken it upon myself to try and get a fourth, however they are concerned over the costs, and timings.

Anyone in a similar boat of frustration?
    What field are you looking to get a job in? What course are you doing?

I did a placement year as a part of my course, it took so long and well over 70 applications for me to get there. That was mainly due to my poor CV though, so you might need to get yours checked.

ReputationRep:
    Looking for a placement in Event Management.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.