Turn on thread page Beta

Black box insurance confused watch

ReputationRep:
    hello, i will start with short story about insurance with black box i have on my old car black box on 3.3L V6 engine oh sounds crazy to insure this car but i have on this car with fitted black box, so i had this car about 5-7 month and i buy new car diesel one audi 1.9 tdi and i waz thinking to run cheaper on fuel and insurance but when i call my insurer they said we can't insure your new car i said for my self what the hell, ok i check for differrent companies and prices are high as hell for this diesel car and only cheapest i get telematic but another company deos have any efect to have second car on another company name or this audi waz writed of or something wrong with the car as some insurances saying policy don't wanna to insure your car, searched all nite, till i found this forum and wanna try a go any advices thanks for anyone who will reply i am very pissed of all searches nothing found and just few insurance wanna just take care on that audi a6, my last mind for that car waz damaged or writen of police and dangerous on the road idk give me more info who knows. sorry for bad english of writing i tried my best to explain
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by daddyyanke)
    hello, i will start with short story about insurance with black box i have on my old car black box on 3.3L V6 engine oh sounds crazy to insure this car but i have on this car with fitted black box, so i had this car about 5-7 month and i buy new car diesel one audi 1.9 tdi and i waz thinking to run cheaper on fuel and insurance but when i call my insurer they said we can't insure your new car i said for my self what the hell, ok i check for differrent companies and prices are high as hell for this diesel car and only cheapest i get telematic but another company deos have any efect to have second car on another company name or this audi waz writed of or something wrong with the car as some insurances saying policy don't wanna to insure your car, searched all nite, till i found this forum and wanna try a go any advices thanks for anyone who will reply i am very pissed of all searches nothing found and just few insurance wanna just take care on that audi a6, my last mind for that car waz damaged or writen of police and dangerous on the road idk give me more info who knows. sorry for bad english of writing i tried my best to explain
    I really couldn't understand a word of this.. what's your issue?

ReputationRep:
    They probably wont insure you because its still quite a big engine and im assuming your young. Some people dont want young people with big engine vechiles.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MrCole&Co)
    They probably wont insure you because its still quite a big engine and im assuming your young. Some people dont want young people with big engine vechiles.
    Yes, but from what I can gather, OP is insured on a 3.3L V6 currently...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Yes, but from what I can gather, OP is insured on a 3.3L V6 currently...
    Yeah, well i made sense of what i could and got the best out of it.

I mean your reply saying you didnt understand a word of it offered so much more help.

ReputationRep:
    That was painful to read.

Different cars and different conditions generate different rates, hence why sometimes more stupid cars are easier to insure than sensible ones, there's less data available and so the risk is generally calculated as a lot lower, since it stands to reason the more common cars (like 2l~ Audis) have far more accidents and theft issues than for example, an Aston Martin Vantage (whilst this was a bad example, purely because the Vantage has the actual high car value behind it, I hope the point is simple enough)

ReputationRep:
    If you have insurance questions why don't you phone up insurance companies and ask for quotes and find out what they will/won't insure?

Anything we say is not guaranteed to be accurate and every company will have different policies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurakyna)
    If you have insurance questions why don't you phone up insurance companies and ask for quotes and find out what they will/won't insure?

Anything we say is not guaranteed to be accurate and every company will have different policies.
    This.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.