Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I get all 9s if I start revising in easter? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Predicted grades:
    - 8 History
    - 9 English Literature (think that was purely luck though- my favourite poems came up)
    - 8 English Langauge
    - 9 Maths
    - A* French
    - A* Spanish
    - 8 Latin
    - 9 Computer Science (but the teacher gave us the mock paper for homework previously so we basically all unintentionally cheated)
    - A* Biology
    - A* Chemstry
    - A* Physics

I spent 3 solid weeks revising with A LOT of night before revision and all nighters. I do have a lot of work to do for History and English was purely luck, I have no idea if I am good at Computer Science I have only done 1 complete paper in my whole life which was open book and for homework.

Any advice and top tips for revision?

ReputationRep:
    you can still get the grades if you work hard I'm sure
    I advise doing lots of past papers and flash cards
    for maths
    my method of revision that got me high grades was read through a chapter in a textbook, make flashcards on that section then do past paper questions on it. repeating for all sections then doing complete past papers it really works.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAMHANLEY88)
    for maths
    my method of revision that got me high grades was read through a chapter in a textbook, make flashcards on that section then do past paper questions on it. repeating for all sections then doing complete past papers it really works.
    any tips for history re technique?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah429)
    I didn't do history sorry but my friend did and she says best bets past papers redoing notes and flash cards

ReputationRep:
    hi , i did history gcse and my best tip for revision is writing up essay past paper questions , it would be even better if you do it in the same time space as your exam is so you can get a feel how much you can write and how much more u can write

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    hi , i did history gcse and my best tip for revision is writing up essay past paper questions , it would be even better if you do it in the same time space as your exam is so you can get a feel how much you can write and how much more u can write
    thank you! which exam board did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Predicted grades:
    - 8 History
    - 9 English Literature (think that was purely luck though- my favourite poems came up)
    - 8 English Langauge
    - 9 Maths
    - A* French
    - A* Spanish
    - 8 Latin
    - 9 Computer Science (but the teacher gave us the mock paper for homework previously so we basically all unintentionally cheated)
    - A* Biology
    - A* Chemstry
    - A* Physics

I spent 3 solid weeks revising with A LOT of night before revision and all nighters. I do have a lot of work to do for History and English was purely luck, I have no idea if I am good at Computer Science I have only done 1 complete paper in my whole life which was open book and for homework.

Maybe all 8s and a mixture of 9s.

I doubt 9s (honest opinion). I think the number of people who get all 9s will probably be in the hundreds out of the 700,000 test takers

I don't believe it practically matters for uni admission at this point anyway

ReputationRep:
    i did CIE , wbu

ReputationRep:
    You’ll probably have a better chance if you start now. I left my GCSE to April and i regret it because i know i could’ve done better.

ReputationRep:
    May i ask why are your science grades not 9-1, because i thought this year the new science specification gcse exams would begin

ReputationRep:
    i did CIE , wbu
    same! do you mind if I pm you about history? I did quite badly in the mock and really need to get this 9. thank you

its okay if not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanzil Rahman)
    May i ask why are your science grades not 9-1, because i thought this year the new science specification gcse exams would begin
    I do IGCSE EDEXCEL so that means that for my year we get a choice between A*-G and 9-1.

From next year onwards I think it will be 9-1, at least in my school thats the case.

ReputationRep:
    same! do you mind if I pm you about history? I did quite badly in the mock and really need to get this 9. thank you

its okay if not!
    sure go for it

ReputationRep:
    Predicted grades:
    - 8 History
    - 8 English Langauge
    - 9 Maths
    - A* French
    - A* Spanish
    - 8 Latin
    - A* Biology
    - A* Chemstry
    - A* Physics

If you start at easter you have no chance.
    If you start within the next 4 or 5 days and do maybe 1 hour a night then you can get all 8s and maybe a few 9s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAMHANLEY88)
    for maths
    That works for me too, but I usually skip the flashcards

ReputationRep:
    If you've got good memory and can recall information easily, you will get those predicted grades if you start revising after Easter.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.