Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m in the fortunate position that both my teachers write the ALevel text books, are Principle Examiners and write some of the exam questions. They are good teachers and I always understand the content in class, but it just never sticks in my head. I can revise and revise and revise. I practice exam technique again and again and yet the content just doesn’t seem to want to stay in my head. Am I missing a major revision technique?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarlettcake)
    I’m in the fortunate position that both my teachers write the ALevel text books, are Principle Examiners and write some of the exam questions. They are good teachers and I always understand the content in class, but it just never sticks in my head. I can revise and revise and revise. I practice exam technique again and again and yet the content just doesn’t seem to want to stay in my head. Am I missing a major revision technique?
    Write down what you know, it's the best way to internalise stuff. Have your lecturers ever done videos on youtube?

Watching videos on a subject works too. If you want to study Keynes, click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKGtmzLP8gw

Try it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldMan17)
    Write down what you know, it's the best way to internalise stuff. Have your lecturers ever done videos on youtube?

Watching videos on a subject works too. If you want to study Keynes, click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKGtmzLP8gw

Try it out.
    Thank you! My teachers don’t do videos but I usually watch them if I get confused on something at home, I will see if watching them for revision helps thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldMan17)

Try it out.
    Thanks for the rep. Let me know how you get on.
    A.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Scarlettcake)
    Sounds like the current revision technique you're using doesn't help with retention for you. I suspect it's because you're trying to revise and remember too much about one topic, so perhaps try to break down your revision even further. Don't concentrate on the stuff that you can 'get' (i.e. can understand logically without being prompted), work on the topics you're finding particularly difficult and make sure to record your revision in a more condensed format.

Hope that helps!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.