Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have received a do able condition from Manchester for Economics and finance and an unconditional from Aberdeen. I have visited both unis and cities and loved them both(preferred Aberdeen uni but preferred Manchester city however basically equal). I do not know what I wish to do for a career but something down the route of Finance/Property and I would like to work internationally.

The benefits of Aberdeen is that it is free, 4 years instead of 3 and the course is relatively simple and the accommodation campus is nice and friendly. The negatives are that it is cold, not in the Russel group never mind the top Russell groups and it’s the most expensive city out of London.

The benefits of Manchester is that it is a hugely respected uni (arguably top 10/15) the course is wide and interesting. The city is so cheap and amazing. The negatives are that the course is huge and impersonal. It will be incredibly hard work. Accommodation is grim and it will cost 27 grand.

Basically is Manchester worth the 27 grand over Aberdeen ???

Please please please help ??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 28, 2018

University open days

1. University of Manchester
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.