Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I dont want to sound silly but i was wondering how often you get your loan paid in (ie weekly? Monthly? Term time?) and how you student accommodation is paid (ie weekly? Monthly? Term time?) because I’m
    just not sure how to finance myself when i start uni

Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by maria2606)
    I dont want to sound silly but i was wondering how often you get your loan paid in (ie weekly? Monthly? Term time?) and how you student accommodation is paid (ie weekly? Monthly? Term time?) because I’m
    just not sure how to finance myself when i start uni

Thanks
    Your loan is paid termly. You will receive the payment dates when you get your letter confirming your loan. However, you won't get your first payment until you've actually enrolled at the university.

If you're getting student accommodation through halls you will usually pay for this termly, but you will usually need to provide a deposit up front to secure your place before your loan comes in. Your uni will usually supply details when it's time to apply for halls. If you live in a private rental, your landlord will usually charge rent monthly- again you will need a deposit and probably your first month's rent up front, as well as any agency fees.

If you don't have any savings at all, and your parents can't/won't help, I suggest getting a summer job once you've finished school, and a credit card or overdraft for emergencies.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.