Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What's the main difference between the Birley Townhouses and cluster flats?
    I will be studying in the Brooks Building near to them so hoping to get accommodation at Birley but not sure what the difference is.

ReputationRep:
    I believe townhouses don’t have ensuites , but cluster flats do. I’m not entirely sure though , that’s just what I have gathered as I am also wanting to go to Birley Accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks! Not sure which one to go for as they're pretty similar
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by aimeemorgan84)
    What's the main difference between the Birley Townhouses and cluster flats?
    I will be studying in the building near to them so hoping to get accommodation at Birley but not sure what the difference is.
    The main difference is the bathroom situation

The Birley Townhouses are 12 bedrooms to a house, with 6 bathrooms. Meaning that you would be sharing your bathroom with one other person.

The Birley flats are 8 to flat and are all en-suite so you would have your own bathroom.

They were both built and furnished at the same time, so they are similar inside and very modern, however the Townhouses are lightly cheaper as they are not en-suite.

Have you had a chance to see inside either of them at an Open Day or Visit Day?

Rebecca

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rebecca.
    Yeah I have looked around them both during an open day. Thanks for telling me the differences.
    Is there a main difference between the livelihood of each one. I got told by a former student that one tends to be more outgoing then the other and go out more but I can't remember which way round she said.
    Thanks!
    Rebecca[/QUOTE]
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by aimeemorgan84)
    Hi Rebecca.
    Yeah I have looked around them both during an open day. Thanks for telling me the differences.
    Is there a main difference between the livelihood of each one. I got told by a former student that one tends to be more outgoing then the other and go out more but I can't remember which way round she said.
    Thanks!
    Rebecca
    [/QUOTE]

It depends on who you speak to, some students say that the flats are more social and some people say the townhouses:hmmmm:. Sometimes it just depends on who else is in your flat/house.

The townhouses have more people in a house than the flats so tend to be livelier, however I would say that they are both the more social of our halls, so if you are looking for a sociable hall then either would be a good choice!

Rebecca

University open days

1. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  3. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Courses Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.