Turn on thread page Beta

I’m really worried I’ll end up a virgin all my life. I’m 18 and I think that girls just don’t like me for some reason. I’m not the best looking but I’m a friendly guy and I’ve gone out to bars and clubbing a few times now and every time I talk to girls they just reject me and end up going for other guys who aren’t better looking than me! I’m really worried and when I start uni this year I worry that all the guys will get girls so easy like on freshers and I won’t. What do I need to do to improve my chances? Thank you so much for your help!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Go for average girls.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Go for average girls.
    But I do kinda - I go for pretty much anyone and nothing works!

Find an actual relationship, go on tinder and see what happens on there.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Don't go out of your way to look for that opportunity.

(Original post by UWS)
    Don't go out of your way to look for that opportunity.
    I doubt sitting at home doing nothing will lose your virginity
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I doubt sitting at home doing nothing will lose your virginity
    Why do you want to lose it? Why is that a priority right now?

You should continue living your life as normal, meet new people and continue taking part in your hobbies. You'll find someone when you least expect it.

It depends on how important virginity is to cause if it's just something that you want to lose for the sake of it find a person who shags anyone . If it is important to you then just wait the time will come

ReputationRep:
    I’m really worried I’ll end up a virgin all my life. I’m 18 and I think that girls just don’t like me for some reason. I’m not the best looking but I’m a friendly guy and I’ve gone out to bars and clubbing a few times now and every time I talk to girls they just reject me and end up going for other guys who aren’t better looking than me! I’m really worried and when I start uni this year I worry that all the guys will get girls so easy like on freshers and I won’t. What do I need to do to improve my chances? Thank you so much for your help!
    1) Hit the gym to channel the emotions into something else, once you can achieve a nice lean body then you're en route to losing your virginity.

2) Work on your clothes (designer clothes tend to be more attractive), have a sense for fashion - nice clothes will always gain peoples attention.

3) Work on your words (pleasantries tend to work nicely).

NOTE: These won't guarantee woman, but it's guaranteed to improve your chances.

It depends on how important virginity is to cause if it's just something that you want to lose for the sake of it find a person who shags anyone . If it is important to you then just wait the time will come
    It is quite important and I’d like to lose it with the right person, but finding the “right” person is pretty unlikely and waiting because “the time will come” I doubt will work - I mean how does the “right” person come about in your life, life isn’t a magical fairytale, guys have to find women and women reject everyone who’s not a dominant confident alpha male. It’s so hard.

There’s so much pressure around this age to lose it as well

ReputationRep:
    Instead of going for all, try to get closer to one girl at a time, if it fails, move on, if it's looking ok, carry on, if it's looking gucci, dive in!

Beware of the friend zone and brother zone, once yer in, you insta lose all your chances.

if u have dress nice, smell good, good smile, confidence but not too much, good body im sure girls will be all over u

ReputationRep:
    gym is your number one friend mate.
    get fit, and girls will be all over you.

ReputationRep:
    Go for average girls.
    My second oldest brother gave the same advice when I was an 18 year old virgin. It took me a few years to realise that this was terrible advice.

Since then I've gone only for women that I find attractive on the outside and the inside.
    You should have seen his face when he met my current girlfriend (mainly because he followed his own advice and married an "average" looking woman).

As for the OP. Don't worry. Be happy.
    You'll get your oats. Unless you get hit by a bus tomorrow. In which case the virginity will be the least of your worries - just before you get hit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 too and a virgin, don't worry about it. Just better yourself, because girls won't let a respectful, independent and hard working guy will die single.

ReputationRep:
    You're 18. You are not in a position to worry about being a virgin forever. Just hit the gym, make sure you're dressing well, and most importantly, RELAX. Worrying so much about it will only make you come across as desperate, and there is pretty much nothing more unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    Get a bit of advice from some more successful mates. Keep at it, the amount of blow outs the average guy gets is enormous and 18 is a bit young to be panicking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    You should continue living your life as normal, meet new people and continue taking part in your hobbies. You'll find someone when you least expect it.
    (OP on death bed)
    Solicitor to crying relatives: I'm here to execute a codicil to your grandfather's will but I just wanted to ask....is he seeing anyone?

(Original post by Xopher_)
    I'm 18 too and a virgin, don't worry about it. Just better yourself, because girls won't let a respectful, independent and hard working guy will die single.
    I’m sure many would let decent guys die single - most women I’ve seen in my life seem to be totally arrogant people who put themselves on a pedestal, desiring the ‘perfect’ man and making most good guys seem small and meaningless... it’s a sad world we live in

ReputationRep:
    Hmm don’t question it too much girls don’t like whiny individuals and girls tbh aren’t the best judge of character any good man will tell you the same I’ve seen it a thousand times if not more where a girl chooses the bad boy gets into a bad relationship and after ending up bad goods mentally go after another and another till they meet a good guy and destroy him seriously don’t be that good guy who’s desperate and brings in bad goods

Your only 18 and your not the man to be debating your looks that’s their job I often saw myself as bad looking yet I’ve had plenty of lasses tell me otherwise

Girls don’t like nice guys they think you’re fake because their fake and they think everyone is like them that everyone questions everything and allways has another motive they don’t understand men because on the most part us good men are simple we wear our emotions on our sleeves

Honestly love takes time relationships aren’t the same as love their a dime a dozen and are really rather useless in the long run all you get out of a relationship is experience that will be carried to the next one and so on till you meet the right one but often those experiences are bad instead of looking for a relationship that cost you emotions time effort and money pursue your aspirations girls like a confident man with heart and plans and it’s far more rewarding than a relationship that taxes you till it ends

Look I don’t have a bleak opinion on love but someone who’s allways searching for love and is reliant on relationships are rather weak and hollow the relationships are the same as your keeping them going for reliance not love and joy that’s taxing not just for you but for her or them so my point is love is a random thing it just happens but it won’t if you simply seek it and don’t put the effort into yourself and your life

You’ve seen men pick whomen up well that because that all they invest themselves in their relationships never last because their hollow dull and often not good people

the whomen who fall for it are often hollow too as sad as it is they are looking for a perfect prince and geuss what that prince doesn’t exist if he did he most certainly wouldn’t want a drab girl with nothing more than a fake heart fake hair lipstick and personality no they would want a real princess not a look alike

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.