Turn on thread page Beta

A level physics revision watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I’m studying alevel physics ocr exam board and can’t seem to do well at it, I’ve tried going through past papers and looking at the mark scheme but it just doesn’t stick, I’ve also tried reading revision guides and text books and then answering the questions in there, is there anyone out there in the same boat as me and if so have you been able to succeed, any help would be nice.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ButteryZ)
    Hi everyone, I’m studying alevel physics ocr exam board and can’t seem to do well at it, I’ve tried going through past papers and looking at the mark scheme but it just doesn’t stick, I’ve also tried reading revision guides and text books and then answering the questions in there, is there anyone out there in the same boat as me and if so have you been able to succeed, any help would be nice.
    Maybe your learning style needs to change. Some people are good with maths, others are good with words, others are good with pictures. See if a different way of visualising something makes more sense. Try and answer other peoples questions here on TSR. It's a brilliant way of clarifying the concepts for yourself. Others will pick up and correct you where necessary.

Critically ask yourself: "do I understand the concepts of why things behave the way they do?" Go back to basics, forget the equations for the time being and first of all understand the concepts in words and pictures. See if your GCSE stuff makes more sense. Read from sources other than just the revision guides and OCR textbooks. Try different ways of explaining the same thing - Google, youtube and the internet are your friends.

You can do it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.