The Student Room Group

Who else had a snow day today?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Joe2001
16. Was 15 until late- November.

So, do you guys have GCSEs or is it something else in Scotland?
Original post by Cod3tte
So, do you guys have GCSEs or is it something else in Scotland?

Scottish GCSE's are called National 5's. Did those last year, now onto Highers, which is probably A-Level equivalent.
It's been snowy where I am, but fortunately I don't have lectures on Wednesdays :smile: (though I highly doubt my classes would be cancelled anyway)
Reply 23
Original post by Reue
Came off my motorbike on ice yesterday so had a self-imposed snow day as I wasnt gonna risk it today!

I doubt a motorbike would even be able to work right in this weather... Smart choice.
Reply 24
Original post by Joe2001
Scottish GCSE's are called National 5's. Did those last year, now onto Highers, which is probably A-Level equivalent.

Do you guys have the grade 9-1 system? Or are you still doing As Bs and Cs?
Reply 25
Original post by Leviathan1741
It's been snowy where I am, but fortunately I don't have lectures on Wednesdays :smile: (though I highly doubt my classes would be cancelled anyway)

You have lectures at your school? Or are you in Uni? :smile:
Original post by Reue
Came off my motorbike on ice yesterday so had a self-imposed snow day as I wasnt gonna risk it today!

:yes: stay safe!

Original post by Cod3tte
I haven't been out. Don't fancy being bombarded with snowballs tbh :tongue:

:laugh: I just stayed in the garden :smile:
Original post by Cod3tte
Do you guys have the grade 9-1 system? Or are you still doing As Bs and Cs?

A's, B's and C's all the way!
Original post by Cod3tte
You have lectures at your school? Or are you in Uni? :smile:

I'm at uni :tongue:
My university sent out a mass text at 8am saying all campuses were closed. I had the day off anyway though. :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by laurawatt
:yes: stay safe!

:laugh: I just stayed in the garden :smile:

That is true... But they do throw snowballs really far and I wouldn't risk it xD

Yesterday school was open, and me and my friends decided to stay inside at lunch. about 1800 students go to my school and on snowy days it's like a war zone out there.:biggrin:
I have :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haven't done much though, played The Sims for a bit, had food, and now I'm just kinda chilling :dontknow:
Reply 32
I'm at uni :tongue:

What do you study?
Reply 33
Original post by Joe2001
A's, B's and C's all the way!

Lucky... 9-1 exams are 100% exam (apart from art) we have to memorize EVERYTHING.:biggrin:
Original post by Cod3tte
What do you study?

I study BSc Geoscience :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Protostar
I have :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haven't done much though, played The Sims for a bit, had food, and now I'm just kinda chilling :dontknow:

I used to love The Sims!:colondollar:
Reply 36
I study BSc Geoscience :smile:

Woah, I don't even understand what that means lol. I'm guessing it's a science to do with the environment or earth or something like that?

When I go to uni I want to study Computer Science and AI.
Original post by Cod3tte
I used to love The Sims!:colondollar:

I've been playing it for 10 years :redface:
Reply 38
Original post by sinfonietta
My university sent out a mass text at 8am saying all campuses were closed. I had the day off anyway though. :smile:

My school don't send out texts anymore, it was put on the council website. Lucky I checked myself, my dad checked before me and he said that if I didn't check myself, he wouldn't have told me, until I'd got ready and everything and was just about to go. I would've been so angry. :bong2:
Original post by Cod3tte
Woah, I don't even understand what that means lol. I'm guessing it's a science to do with the environment or earth or something like that?

When I go to uni I want to study Computer Science and AI.

Haha, a lot of people ask me that! Yes, it's basically geology (earth science) plus extra modules in geophysics and geochemistry :smile:

That's an interesting combination, I hope you get there :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending