The Student Room Group

Who else had a snow day today?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Georgia Brown

Spoiler

Spoiler

Only a little Honda CB125F. I use it for commuting every day.
Yesterday, as soon as I got to school, the school closed, and had to suffer 1 hour 30 mins of traffic for an otherwise 10 minute journey!
There's no such things for us working kind, unless it snowed up to the shoulders :lol:
Reply 83
Original post by ForgetMe
There's no such things for us working kind, unless it snowed up to the shoulders :lol:

So, you just take the day off anyway or go because you have to?
We had snow in the south but it was like light sprinkles :wink: suns out and it's snowing a little
Some of my school's buses refused to pick kids up and the few that did go were almost empty. The school sent us all to the hall, separated us by keystage then just kind of pretended they knew what was happening for half an hour, then sent us home. One of the buses apparently got tipped over, and the replacement bus got stuck.
The school's been busy deleting negative comments off their facebook page from parents and students, and broke their website when they updated it with a notice about "we'll send out a message tomorrow morning if we're open" so I can't check my homework. We were the only school open in the area apart from Dunham primary, so idk why they bothered. Half the staff didn't turn up either.
My college was technically open today but people literally from all over the North East go there so some places have it really bad (like me) and 90% of people didn't even attempt to make it (I'm snowed in lmao). We told them they shouldn't be open but they argued they should and by midday they sent out an alert they're closed for the rest of the day and all of tomorrow so... happy days!
Original post by Cod3tte
So, you just take the day off anyway or go because you have to?

I am still on my holiday :teehee: but back to work tomorrow :sad: No one's going to give adults a day off just because of 3-5cm of snow :lol: We just go on with our daily lives :colone:
Reply 88
Original post by ForgetMe
I am still on my holiday :teehee: but back to work tomorrow :sad: No one's going to give adults a day off just because of 3-5cm of snow :lol: We just go on with our daily lives :colone:

UNLESS- You work at a school :tongue:
It snowed very heavily yesterday but melted around 1, and then it snowed again last night but all was melted this morning. But my college is a town away that has lots of snow, therefore, it was closed.
Original post by Cod3tte
UNLESS- You work at a school :tongue:

Teachers need some rest because their job is difficult, any other staff should still go to work even if schools are shut. I mean everyone gets so many days off throughout the year except some of us who have to work through all bank holidays etc, some even have to work on Christmas.
Original post by Reue
Only a little Honda CB125F. I use it for commuting every day.

I love motorbikes, they are so cool. How long have you had it for?
Yepp same here - still went in but finished 2 hours early. Didn't really make a difference tho :colonhash:
Reply 93
I love motorbikes, they are so cool. How long have you had it for?

Had this one for about a year. Before it I had a clone of a Honda CM125 for 4 years
Original post by Reue
Had this one for about a year. Before it I had a clone of a Honda CM125 for 4 years

Do u like it?
Reply 95
Do u like it?

Yup! Dirt cheap to run, free parking and never stuck in traffic.
Original post by Reue
Yup! Dirt cheap to run, free parking and never stuck in traffic.

It's the best way!
Reply 97
Schools been shut since Monday smh and I’ve got GCSEs coming up🤷*♀️💁*♀️
Reply 98
Original post by Yhweh
Schools been shut since Monday smh and I’ve got GCSEs coming up🤷*♀️💁*♀️

Mines been shut since Wednesday and at least you got extra time to revise 🙂
Original post by Cod3tte
Mines been shut since Wednesday and at least you got extra time to revise 🙂

Mines been shut since Wednesday and it’s the first day I have been out of the house since Tuesday. 😏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending