username3125608
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi!

I’m taking my A-Level Psych exam this year and I have been predicted a B. However, I would like to get an A, simply because I want to push myself. I am fine when taking all the material for the differen topics in, and I understand it well.

Revising is the problem, though. I’m not sure what the most effective way to do so is! I don’t like sitting and re reading my notes, and have written out flash cards which helps but it’s re reading them where I struggle and get bored. Does anyone have any active revision tips for this subject?

Thank you in advance!
X_Hope_X
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi. I'm also doing the A level psychology exam this year, what exam board are you on?
username3125608
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by X_Hope_X)
Hi. I'm also doing the A level psychology exam this year, what exam board are you on?
I am with AQA. You?
MrGoreHelp
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by romia017)
Hi!

I’m taking my A-Level Psych exam this year and I have been predicted a B. However, I would like to get an A, simply because I want to push myself. I am fine when taking all the material for the differen topics in, and I understand it well.

Revising is the problem, though. I’m not sure what the most effective way to do so is! I don’t like sitting and re reading my notes, and have written out flash cards which helps but it’s re reading them where I struggle and get bored. Does anyone have any active revision tips for this subject?

Thank you in advance!
Make essay plans for all possible 16 markers. Understand how the mark scheme works. I got an A last year with Aqa psych
X_Hope_X
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by romia017)
I am with AQA. You?
Everyone seems to be doing AQA. I'm with OCR
X_Hope_X
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have you tried making bright revision posters and puttting them on your wall. Or Quizlet is a good revision tool, you can make flash cards online snd basically it tests you in different ways. You just have to keep memorising the material and try keeping revision material condensed so your spending a lot of time re reading notes. As psychology is purely a memory game and there is a heavy amount of content. I don't know about AQA but in OCR we have to remember really fine details of the core studies (we have 20 core studies in total plus on top of that other research) e.g how many girls and boys there were in the sample, mean age of participants - it's crazy tbh. There's not a huge amount of time left till the exams 😭 (I don't want to stress you out tho with that) so do as many essay plans and past papers as you can. Good luck!
Alexandraaa009
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly I’ve used so many different ways to revise for psychology and in the end the best way for me to revise was to take a whiteboard and a pen and write max 20 words summary for each possible 16 marker and to do it as many times as possible. But another way that worked for me during AS exams was to talk everything I knew to one of my friends that didn’t do psychology. Another useful method for other people I knew is to make a grid of all the different 16/8 markers on one A3 sheet and write the A01 and A03 down, so you’d have very concise essay plans that you can read before any exams. But every A3 sheet would be for different topics e.g one A3 was for Memory and another for biopsych. I hope this helps but everyone has different ways to learn and memorise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads