Turn on thread page Beta

Feel guilty when I spend money on myself watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thought I might have better luck posting this in this section. I am currently studying for a HNC part time and I have a full time job and I am currently on a very good wage. I am still living at home so I have very few outgoings every month when I get paid. I pay my parents £150 just to help with bills and things, I have a £200 direct debit that goes straight from my bank account into my Help to Buy ISA. After this the only outgoings I know I will definitely have are for my car, my gym and my payments for Netflix and Amazon Prime. I also transfer around £200-£300 into just a regular savings account.

I would say I am sensible with my money and save a lot per month however, whenever I feel like treating myself I always feel guilty after it. For example I have been after a new pair of trainers for ages so today being payday I bought them, they weren't expensive they were only £50 but I feel guilty for spending money on myself.

Has anybody got any advice on how to stop feeling guilty when I buy myself something?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You just have to think it's only an occasional thing and not a regular thing so you deserve to have a treat say once a month or something. You earned it so reward yourself.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    You just have to think it's only an occasional thing and not a regular thing so you deserve to have a treat say once a month or something. You earned it so reward yourself.
    Exactly.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.