Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would love to know and recommendations for some good graphic novels or manga ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been getting into graphic novels and manga for a couple of months now and it's really good ! I'm the last person who thought ide get into this stuff but it is really good and want good recommendations on what to get.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yes! "Death Note" is amazing - there's a cartoon series of it as well (on Netflix if you're interested). It's pretty dark and sinister, but give it a look if you like that kind of stuff

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have watched the anime really enjoyed it but is it worth getting the manga as well ?

ReputationRep:
    boku no pico

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waiz Stephen7)
    Yes I have watched the anime really enjoyed it but is it worth getting the manga as well ?
    Absolutely, that series got me into comics and manga I've introduced it to some friends, and they love it.

ReputationRep:
    That's great I really enjoyed the anime so I will pick up the manga some time too thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waiz Stephen7)
    I've been getting into graphic novels and manga for a couple of months now and it's really good ! I'm the last person who thought ide get into this stuff but it is really good and want good recommendations on what to get.
    Sorry just found this!! What genres do you like??
    Detective Conan is really really good, although it's been dragged out for wayyyyyy too long now.
    Tokyo Ghoul is absolutely fab if you're into that kinda genre.
    Shonen sport manga like Haikyuu!! and Prince of Tennis, Kuroko no Basuke are all decent as well although it does get a little predictable.
    Naruto is slightly overrated but still readable even though it does get a bit slow around chapter 500.
    I've never read One Piece coz it's long so it's just there...
    Fairy Tail is good but a little indecent...
    I've read more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

ReputationRep:
    Golden Kamuy

It’s a historical Japanese spaghetti western of sorts and it has heart, humor, violence and intrigue. It’s quite hard to describe what it is honestly because there’s so many different elements that somehow work together wonderfully. I’d recommend it if you like characters that are morally ambiguious and don’t fall into distinct categories of good and bad. It’s also getting an anime adaption early next month.
    (Warning: gore/body horror)

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure

This one’s quite long but the story is separated into eight parts so you can just read it part by part. It’s about this family and their adventures and their encounters with evil villains that span generations, so each part has a different protagonist. As the title suggests it’s quite weird and absurd most of the time, but the art gets better and better throughout the series and a lot of the fights are more strategy/tactics-based instead of crazy action. It’s quite a fun read if you have the time.

ReputationRep:
    Sun Ken Rock-The drawing is 100/10 but it's not a manga. The premise is a small time thug from Japan who goes to Korea and becomes a gang boss. Tags: Adult, Action, blood/gore and some others.

Akame Ga kill-Tragedy at its finest.

The Breaker and The Breaker: New wave are pure martial art action (and trust me, read 2 chapters, it will get you hooked) and plot is solid.

All of them are completed so you can binge

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.