The Student Room Group

AQA Psy - 2017 Papers

Does anyone have a link/recall to the 3 A level papers that were sat last year? I haven't been able to sit mocks for them, and by knowing the questions we can streamline our learning for the exam, especially in regards to those 16 markers.

It'd be useful to everyone if we can cut out memorisation for even a few essay plans!
(edited 6 years ago)
we did mocks and used those papers, the 16 mark question for relationships was on online relationships :smile:
Hey, I was wondering too when do they come out? However, I have done my mocks too- from what I remember there is an essay question on the humanistic approach, comparison of ways of studying the brain (ie. fMRIs and EEGs). I can't quiet remember what it was for Paper 1 though.
Original post by Pearlfection1
Hey, I was wondering too when do they come out? However, I have done my mocks too- from what I remember there is an essay question on the humanistic approach, comparison of ways of studying the brain (ie. fMRIs and EEGs). I can't quiet remember what it was for Paper 1 though.

im pretty sure that they wont be publicly released till we've sat ours, however a way around this is to just ask your teacher, they can give it to you :smile:
I do have Paper 1 and 2 but not 3, yet. Normally they do come out in April/March time. It's not like they remain confidential by then anyway.
I do have Paper 1 and 2 but not 3, yet. Normally they do come out in April/March time. It's not like they remain confidential by then anyway.

In that case, could you give us a run down of all the essay q's for those papers?
Sure.
Paper 1:
Social Influence- 8 marker on Authoritarian personality
Memory- 16 marker on Misleading Information and PED, affecting EWT.
Attachment- 8 marker on the cultural variations of Strange Situation and attachment types ie. Van Ijzendoorn and Kroonenberg
Psychopathology- 16 marker comparing two definitions of abnormality.
Paper 2:
Approaches- 16 marker on the humanistic approach
Biopsychology- 8 marker comparing different ways of studying the brain.
Research Methods- 12 marker on writing up of a stem observation (try Tutor2u for this question, it's the one where everyone lost marks for lacking common sense)

If you do find/ get a hold of Paper 3, please let me know or even if you've found any other useful exam packs because I'm running out of possible exam questions.
Sure.
Paper 1:
Social Influence- 8 marker on Authoritarian personality
Memory- 16 marker on Misleading Information and PED, affecting EWT.
Attachment- 8 marker on the cultural variations of Strange Situation and attachment types ie. Van Ijzendoorn and Kroonenberg
Psychopathology- 16 marker comparing two definitions of abnormality.
Paper 2:
Approaches- 16 marker on the humanistic approach
Biopsychology- 8 marker comparing different ways of studying the brain.
Research Methods- 12 marker on writing up of a stem observation (try Tutor2u for this question, it's the one where everyone lost marks for lacking common sense)

If you do find/ get a hold of Paper 3, please let me know or even if you've found any other useful exam packs because I'm running out of possible exam questions.

Tutor2u is a god.

What option topics do you do, I'll try and find something.
Schizophrenia, Forensic and Gender- thanks if you do need anything in terms of exam packs etc I have quite a few, just let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending