Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for international business and got a conditional offer. I’m currently in India. For example the condition is 75% and I get 73%. What happens then? Do I still have chance of getting in?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Kotadiarimal)
    I have applied for international business and got a conditional offer. I’m currently in India. For example the condition is 75% and I get 73%. What happens then? Do I still have chance of getting in?
    Hi @Kotadiarimal,

If you were very close to achieving the conditional offer then the university may still be able to admit you. In that case, I would advise that you get in contact with the Admissions team by calling them on +44(0)1483682222 and they will be able to discuss whether you will be able to gain a place

All the best,
    Ashley
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    You do still have a chance. International students pay higher fees, so unis tend to be keen for you to come. In the UK, unis also tend to set their entry requirements as high as they can get away with, as it helps their league table status and some people link high entry requirements to uni prestige.

However, if you really do badly, they might still reject you, especially at more competitive/popular universities.

Do you have an insurance choice as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcAndSpark)
    You do still have a chance. International students pay higher fees, so unis tend to be keen for you to come. In the UK, unis also tend to set their entry requirements as high as they can get away with, as it helps their league table status and some people link high entry requirements to uni prestige.

However, if you really do badly, they might still reject you, especially at more competitive/popular universities.

Do you have an insurance choice as well?
    Thanks a lot for replying!
    I actually don’t know what insurance means but i think you mean my second option. I actually haven’t heard from all my 5 choices. Have heard from just 3.

I’m pretty sure about Surrey as my firm but I’ll decide later for my insurance.

Do you suggest that i should choose a lower entry requirement conditional offer as my insurance or should just select whichever i like? What do you think?
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Thanks a lot for replying!
    I actually don’t know what insurance means but i think you mean my second option. I actually haven’t heard from all my 5 choices. Have heard from just 3.

I’m pretty sure about Surrey as my firm but I’ll decide later for my insurance.

Do you suggest that i should choose a lower entry requirement conditional offer as my insurance or should just select whichever i like? What do you think?
    Yes, your insurance is your second option, and you would only get your place there if you weren't accepted at your firm. It's usual for most people in the UK to chose a place with slightly lower grade requirements as their insurance choice- but this isn't compulsory. If you want peace of mind, it's best to chose somewhere where you are very confident of getting the grades required.

If you're more confident, it's fine to chose your second favourite uni.

Good luck for the rest of your offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcAndSpark)
    Yes, your insurance is your second option, and you would only get your place there if you weren't accepted at your firm. It's usual for most people in the UK to chose a place with slightly lower grade requirements as their insurance choice- but this isn't compulsory. If you want peace of mind, it's best to chose somewhere where you are very confident of getting the grades required.

If you're more confident, it's fine to chose your second favourite uni.

Good luck for the rest of your offers!
    Understood! Thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.