Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m currently studying my a levels in chemistry, biology and mathematics.I’m really struggling to find any motivation to do any work or it might just be I don’t know what revision to do. All my mocks are coming up in the next 5 weeks can any one give any advices
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    ok revision wise, read the chapter in the textbook then do flashcards, at the end of the textbooks do past papers.
    motivation wise, same. the way i am coping is saying if I do 40 mins of work I can watch a 20 minute episode or I can play some games so I guess I advice you to find something you enjoy and use it as a reward

ReputationRep:
    I try for 20 minuties.
    if I can't so more I try a different source (like YouTube revision instead of textbooks).
    most times by 20 minutes in I've got into it so will continue to finish the hour then take a break.

ReputationRep:
    The method of revising depends on your preferences. I normally just go through the Assessment Criteria for the subjects exam and tick off everything I know, practice past papers especially for maths as they tend to follow a pattern. When it comes to sitting and revising, don't sit and say "I'm going to sit down and revise all of my chemistry". Try and make yourself sit down for just 10 minutes and do a question or two. With revision its always getting started that is the hard part. Once you actually start working your brain will click into place.... granted i'm supposed to be doing my physics rn and am procrastinating so I'm kinda just contradicting myself here....

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.