Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Chicken restuant Nandos have admitted to serving frozen McCain fries to their customers.

The chain have confirmed this but note that they are not the same chips you can buy in stores. "Our hugely popular chips are developed in partnership with McCain Food Services and the specific recipe is exclusive to Nando's," a spokesperson told Newsbeat.
    "They aren't the same as their grocery products such as oven chips," they said.

You can read more on the story here.

Does this surprise you? Would this stop you from going to Nandos? What is your go to Nandos order?

ReputationRep:
    This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Its like any own brand foods be it cheap or premium, they will be produced by a big brand manufacturer. I think the example we had in high school was that Walkers Shortbread produces must of Sainsburys premium bakery lines, the guy from Walkers told us this, because its not cost efficient for Sainsburys to have their own place for production. It's one of the reason many people who do taste tests claim they can't tell the difference, because its the same producer.

Another similar example is Union Square shopping centre in Aberdeen, basically every restaurant there has chocolate cake on the menu and be it Italian, Thai or American style every one uses the same (probably frozen) cake.

If you're going to places like Nandos expecting fresh hand cut chips i think you're a little deluded haha.

Not gonna stop me going need to try those Halloumi Fries nom nom

ReputationRep:
    The Nandos fries are awesome

ReputationRep:
    I doubt many people thought Nando's prepared their chips from scratch onsite, and if you have offsite preparation the name over the door really doesn't matter much.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.