Turn on thread page Beta

Ravensbourne/UAL/Westminster for Fashion buying and merchandising watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, So I am having trouble deciding between these three universities to study fashion buying and merchandising management. I have received offers from Ravensbourne and Westminster but I haven't heard a response from UAL yet.

I am looking for a good and positive atmosphere in the university I go to as the high school I am in I am suurounded by many fake and superficial people and I want to stay away from those type of people as much possible (even thought I know there are a lot of those type of people in the fashion world)
    I also want to be sure to have strong connections in the industry and have a secure garantee of having a good job afterwards.

So I am basically asking for pros and cons of these three univeristies either your personal experiences or stuff you have heard from friends
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by miawllson)
    Hello, So I am having trouble deciding between these three universities to study fashion buying and merchandising management. I have received offers from Ravensbourne and Westminster but I haven't heard a response from UAL yet.

I am looking for a good and positive atmosphere in the university I go to as the high school I am in I am suurounded by many fake and superficial people and I want to stay away from those type of people as much possible (even thought I know there are a lot of those type of people in the fashion world)
    I also want to be sure to have strong connections in the industry and have a secure garantee of having a good job afterwards.

So I am basically asking for pros and cons of these three univeristies either your personal experiences or stuff you have heard from friends
    No uni is going to guarantee you a job after leave alone a good one and you get all sorts at uni and in the world. You can easily work out where grads end up and what links each course has with industry. Compare the actual courses as well.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by miawllson)

Hello miawllson,

At Ravensbourne we foster a feeling of inclusivity and collaboration, we have a diverse student body and our classes are an enjoyable space to be in.

We can offer a high level of industry connections for you to draw from be it via our industry speakers eg: Asos, Ralph Lauren, Office... or factory visits to Burberry in the UK & the week long sustainable study trip to the Nike facilities in Sri Lanka, these are just some of the amazing opportunities you can take advantage of. We focus on learning by doing so you can experience the industry and we prepare our students for employability ensuring they feel confident and empowered when entering the workforce.

A list of placement companies from the last two years includes Mulberry, Christopher Raeburn, Alexander McQueen, John Lewis, Kurt Geiger and Machine A.

Please feel free to message Ravensbourne if you'd like to put in touch with me directly in case you have further specific questions or if you would like me to put you in touch with a current student.

Gabrielle Shiner-Hill - Course Leader, Fashion Buying and Brand Management

ReputationRep:
    Hey!! I go to Westminster on this course and I love it!! I went to UCA last year and hated it so left and came to Westminster this year instead and it was totally worth it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.