Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Aston University- HELP? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I want to study biomed Science at Aston.

On UCAS it says course starts Sept 1, but I'm due to return from Holiday on Sept 8. Do u think that first week is just moving in, freshers as I would love to see it but wouldn't mind missing it. Any experience? Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ReadySalted28)

On UCAS it says course starts Sept 1, but I'm due to return from Holiday on Sept 8. Do u think that first week is just moving in, freshers as I would love to see it but wouldn't mind missing it. Any experience? Thanks
    The 1st Sept date is a UCAS default. Most universities seem to forget to change the start date on UCAS.

Aston actually start on the 17th Sept 2018. http://www.aston.ac.uk/about/termdates/

ReputationRep:

Yeah, probably just freshers
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Sorry for the slow response, your course start date may differ from the day you arrive on campus, new students join us on September 17th this year, your holiday shouldn't interfere with your studies if you return on the 8th. I believe the start date is often listed as earlier in several places for the purpose of student finance payments:

https://www2.aston.ac.uk/about/termdates/2018-2019

Good luck with your exams, hope to see you in September.

Josh

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.