Turn on thread page Beta

QS Rankings 2018 : Many UK unis fall in rankings. watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by WiSi)
    What about the ranking by subjects?
    The news was this, the ranking by subject 2018, cause the general ranking was available months ago.
    Yep, we'll be doing a piece on that shortly
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Yep, we'll be doing a piece on that shortly
    I posted something about the ranking by subject, can you give me your opinion?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by transient life)
    Hi Doonesbury, thanks for making this thread. we have talked before on here but you probably dont remember - Im from another country and the first to go to university from my family so excuse me if I sound too ill-informed: Seeing this makes me think Edinburgh is a great university to end up in after getting rejected from Oxford. Although in national rankings like the good university guide it ranks reeally low - so I'm a bit confused, so do you mind putting a little perspective into that?

Haha me too!
    Edinburgh is one of the top 7 universities in the UK in terms of reputation, relevance, history and prestige.

Forget national rankings, they focus heavily on how happy students would be at a university. Not on academic and reputation stuff like the international rankings do.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    NB. The latest QS rankings thread for Subjects is here:
    >>> https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5226290 <<<

I'm closing this thread now for the time being.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.