Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really want to get into imperial for computer science I have 8A band 1 at National 5 and my predicted grades at Higher is 5As. I'm planning to do 4 advanced highers (Maths, Computer Science, Physics, statistics).

Does anyone have any advice that would help my application or would make me stand out?? I have done some work experience and I also try to read in my subject area

Any courses or other things to help my chances would be so helpful, thanks !

ReputationRep:
    Why not come to edinburgh? you get a good degree and free tuition.

4 advanced highers! Don't most only do 2? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickyrossman)
    Why not come to edinburgh? you get a good degree and free tuition.

4 advanced highers! Don't most only do 2? lol
    I like 3 of the subjects I did at higher and I want to continue them. Also, Edinburgh is also one of my potential universities, however, I would really like to attend Imperial because I feel like it would be a better fit for myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AZ_1234)
    I like 3 of the subjects I did at higher and I want to continue them. Also, Edinburgh is also one of my potential universities, however, I would really like to attend Imperial because I feel like it would be a better fit for myself
    You might be better of dropping a subject (i'd recommend statistics). Imperial will want AAA, not ABCC. Also for extracurricular I'd recommend learning some web or mobile app development. If you get good at any two of those you could start your own business. If you're interested in AI read some philosophy of the mind.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.