The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation opens tomorrow, where are applying?

Hey

I'm still unsure whether to go catered or un-catered but I think the biggest thing for me is being close to campus and en-suite room lol, I can cook well but it seems catered halls are more sociable.

Where are you applying for and what sort of room type, feel free to say what you'll be studying too. (I'll be doing Economics :007: )

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Dreamville1
Hey

I'm still unsure whether to go catered or un-catered but I think the biggest thing for me is being close to campus and en-suite room lol, I can cook well but it seems catered halls are more sociable.

Where are you applying for and what sort of room type, feel free to say what you'll be studying too. (I'll be doing Economics :007: )

I think I am going to go for self-catered. Thinking Broadgate park which is a bit far from my lectures but I'll just have to walk through campus.
I'll be studying Pharmacy:smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I’m also going broadgate and it’s close to my lectures on UP. Doing psychology.Currently trying to apply but the website is clogged and not loading probs coz everyone else is trying to apply too 😩😂
Original post by Lirvaxox
I’m also going broadgate and it’s close to my lectures on UP. Doing psychology.Currently trying to apply but the website is clogged and not loading probs coz everyone else is trying to apply too 😩😂

LOOL, luckily I checked last night and it had opened early! So I ended applying for the sports zone as my first choice preferably Ancaster - but catered ppl don't get to choose halls -.-
I'm applying for Malaysia campus accomodation going abroad :smile:
Original post by Niniwa
I think I am going to go for self-catered. Thinking Broadgate park which is a bit far from my lectures but I'll just have to walk through campus.
I'll be studying Pharmacy:smile:

I know a few people staying at Broadgate this year, one of them does pharmacy too haha, good luck with the application
Reply 6
I know a few people staying at Broadgate this year, one of them does pharmacy too haha, good luck with the application

Thanks you too!:smile:
Original post by Realitysreflexx
I'm applying for Malaysia campus accomodation going abroad :smile:

wow no way, are you doing your whole course there?
wow no way, are you doing your whole course there?

Year 2 im doing international management.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Year 2 im doing international management.

Thats cool, how are you finding it?
Thats cool, how are you finding it?

Its good :smile:
Reply 11
Can anyone else not see the options for self catered halls. I was hoping to apply to Raleight park and St Peters but the option hasnt come up!
Original post by gill007
Can anyone else not see the options for self catered halls. I was hoping to apply to Raleight park and St Peters but the option hasnt come up!

You should contact unite students as they are the ones you will be booking your accommodation through
Reply 13
Really? I remember reading that all freshers book through the UoN.
I just cant seem to view any options that are self catered.

really annoying
Original post by gill007
Really? I remember reading that all freshers book through the UoN.
I just cant seem to view any options that are self catered.

really annoying

Does it only let you choose the zones as well?
Reply 15
Yeah, can you not find options like Raleigh park too?
Original post by gill007
Yeah, can you not find options like Raleigh park too?

Yeah I applied for catered and they said first years can't pick, so I had to pick zones
Reply 17
Yeah, but surely you are able to choose specific areas like Raleigh park and st peters??
They're off campus and I think actual accommodation like I couldn't choose Ancaster hall or something like that ?
I applied for North Zone as my top priority and then Sports Zone :smile: I've already firmed an unconditional so I hope I get it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending