Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UNIQ Summer School 2018 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just got accepted on to the UNIQ summer school studying PPE. Just wondered if anyone else has a place, or if people who have been could share helpful tips and experiences?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted to the Spring Humanities strand, so excited! My sister did UNIQ for History in 2016(?) and she said it was a really good experience, just be proactive and speak to as many people as you can.

What were your GCSE grades/A Level target grades if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! I got 10 A*s and an A at GCSE, and roughly targeted A* A A for English lit, history and politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nxncydooley)
    Congratulations! I got 10 A*s and an A at GCSE, and roughly targeted A* A A for English lit, history and politics.
    That's amazing! I didn't even do that many GCSEs aha. Best of luck with everything this year ! x

ReputationRep:
    thank you! You too! x

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted for Uniq Spring (politics), I know it's ungrateful but I really wanted to do the summer PPE programme but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voo)
    I got accepted to the Spring Humanities strand, so excited! My sister did UNIQ for History in 2016(?) and she said it was a really good experience, just be proactive and speak to as many people as you can.

What were your GCSE grades/A Level target grades if you don't mind me asking?
    i got accepted onto spring humanities too!

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for bio </3

ReputationRep:
    Aha so have I? Who's ready for the party in my room?! Jokes obvs Im well excited

ReputationRep:
    Jokes obvs

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted for German (15th - 20th July)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phosphene)
    Rejected for bio </3
    Me too
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nxncydooley)
    Hey I also want to study PPE, I got 10A*s and have picked History, Maths, English Lit and Politics for my A levels. Maybe we are twins lol.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why decisions were sent out earlier than it said on the website?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for Q step politics.

Not surprised as I don't meet any of the low socio-economic criteria based on postcode, parents attending uni etc.

Time4twice, I am sure you will have a great time. I want to study politics and the Q step programme really interested me as I love maths. Not interested in PPE, well the P and E elements anyway!

Well done to all those with places.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for Computer Science
    I know it’s a competitive program but it’s hard to not feel a bit worthless...
    Congratulations to all who got in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2018)
    Hey I also want to study PPE, I got 10A*s and have picked History, Maths, English Lit and Politics for my A levels. Maybe we are twins lol.
    very similar, maybe we are!!

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for physics. Oh well

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who got accepted for biochemistry feel free to message me and we can start making a group chat

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for chemistry. Not really surprised.

I wouldn’t be so bothered if I hadn’t had a second opportunity snatched away this week. However, I am going to a study day in March. The thing I’m most interested in though is when the invites to UNIQ Digital are being sent out. I’m presuming that these are out at a later date and I honestly can’t wait to get stuck in.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.