x Turn on thread page Beta

UNIQ Summer School 2018 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZakMinett)
    not yet. hbu?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    hi!! Congrats! I got accepted on to the Spanish course and wanna make some kind of group chat for people who are there between 15th - 20th July )
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tolulah)
    Hey did you get accepted onto Target Oxbridge this year?? I got a place a few days ago
    Yes PM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tolulah)
    Hey did you get accepted onto Target Oxbridge this year?? I got a place a few days ago

I got accepted onto Target Oxbridge as well x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by time4twice)
    Yes PM me
    ahhh well done so did i! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaliyahrenee)
    I got accepted onto Target Oxbridge as well x
    Cool, i’m so excited! I might make a thread to see if anyone else got in too!

ReputationRep:
    no, I live in London so it's a reasonable commute and I didn't request. They gave me money to pay for my train ticket though so it's sound x
    Hey, do you know if uniq will pay for our travel to the residential and back ?? If so, how do we confirm this x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by younggallicooper)
    Hey, do you know if uniq will pay for our travel to the residential and back ?? If so, how do we confirm this x
    I checked the website and it says that they pay for travel, and then it says that if students fail to meet the deadlines they set for travel then we have to pay for ourselves. Im assuming this means they'll buy us specific train tickets, or organise a coach or something?

ReputationRep:
    I checked the website and it says that they pay for travel, and then it says that if students fail to meet the deadlines they set for travel then we have to pay for ourselves. Im assuming this means they'll buy us specific train tickets, or organise a coach or something?
    Ooooh yh that makes sense. Is it on the uniq website?? Thanks gurl, I would've been oblivious if you hadn't told me 😩😩

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going from 8th july to 13th?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for the English summer school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uranium Potato)
    Rejected for medicine but got into Oncology - still ecstatic though! Anyone doing Oncology this summer?
    I'm doing Oncology and got rejected for medicine too! Im actually quite relieved though bc I've done that much medicine stuff already but Oncology will be so so interesting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkesio)
    Congrats! What did you get in your GCSEs if you don't mind me asking?
    12A*s 1A 1B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urgurlbecca)
    yeh, I am! what subject are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, for economics

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am for economics and management

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted for French! I know it doesn’t seem as hard as your other courses but please don’t put me down for it. I was quite happy and surprised to see I had gotten in, my whole personal statement part had deleted and I had to do it again on the night of the deadline literally at like 9:30 🤦🏾*♀️. Im going for the summer course and I’m so excited. My parents and I have had an ongoing (about 5 months) argument as they think languages are useless but this was a bit of a like middle finger to them and they were still really proud of me despite me kind of applying for it (instead of medicine/biochem) begins their backs 😅

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miraldn)
    I got accepted for French! I know it doesn’t seem as hard as your other courses but please don’t put me down for it. I was quite happy and surprised to see I had gotten in, my whole personal statement part had deleted and I had to do it again on the night of the deadline literally at like 9:30 🤦🏾*♀️. Im going for the summer course and I’m so excited. My parents and I have had an ongoing (about 5 months) argument as they think languages are useless but this was a bit of a like middle finger to them and they were still really proud of me despite me kind of applying for it (instead of medicine/biochem) begins their backs 😅
    Omds don't think that, French is a competitive subject to get in to as well! You should be absolutely proud of yourself. Congratssss
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Miraldn)
    My parents and I have had an ongoing (about 5 months) argument as they think languages are useless but this was a bit of a like middle finger to them
    Off the top of my head I think languages graduates at Oxford have amongst the best rates of professional employment so I don't think you need to worry about that!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got their confirmation emails yet because after you accept your place they said they'll send an email in 48 hours ? I'm so confused

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.