Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UNIQ Summer School 2018 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leviaxx)
    I’ve just received an e-mail confirming my place & asking for another form to be filled out, anyone else??
    Are you doing the summer school or spring
    cuz im doing the summer school and I haven't received anything confirming my place
    is your deadline to confirm a place 13:00 8th march??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pakora99)
    Are you doing the summer school or spring
    cuz im doing the summer school and I haven't received anything confirming my place
    is your deadline to confirm a place 13:00 8th march??
    yep i’m on the summer course & i was literally sent the email about an hour ago
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leviaxx)
    yep i’m on the summer course & i was literally sent the email about an hour ago
    Just emailed UNIQ to see whether they've received my confirmation
    Because I'm a bit worried now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluesky90)
    That's good, thank you

And i noticed that it does contradict itself, hopefully they'll get it sorted
    Hiya. They've emailed me back and have said that they're a little behind with replies because of the bad weather last week, but we'll hear from them ASAP.

Hope this can put people's mind at ease

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HT2412)
    Hiya. They've emailed me back and have said that they're a little behind with replies because of the bad weather last week, but we'll hear from them ASAP.

Hope this can put people's mind at ease
    Literally got the same email

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email basically confirming my acceptance and linked to a form about diet/ travel. One of the questions asked about my preferred admissions test, and then listed BMAT, Thinking test etc, kind of confused as to how that is relevant??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nxncydooley)
    I just got an email basically confirming my acceptance and linked to a form about diet/ travel. One of the questions asked about my preferred admissions test, and then listed BMAT, Thinking test etc, kind of confused as to how that is relevant??
    Same here, came onto this thread in the hope that someone knew what that meant (

ReputationRep:
    I sent an email today and had one back a few minutres later telling me to check junk mail as they’d sent me one, but I haven’t had one at all and have yet to have another email back explaining why or having another original email. I did include my reference number so I’m confused as to what happened - but I supposed at least my place is confirmed? I’ll assume the weather issue too...

Update: received another email with that he sent secondary form to fill out 😊 i’ve secured my place now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nxncydooley)
    I think they’re going to offer us guidance on the admissions test while we’re there. Some people might have got their second choice so their course might not line up with their desired admissions test, I’m guessing that’s why they’re asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physconomics)
    I think they’re going to offer us guidance on the admissions test while we’re there. Some people might have got their second choice so their course might not line up with their desired admissions test, I’m guessing that’s why they’re asking.
    I'd guessed as much, but the course I'm taking (biology) doesn't require an admissions test or submitted written work? I think I'll just put down biomedical or ring them.

ReputationRep:
    I just checked and I got the email, it has a link to a form you have to fill in by the 20th

ReputationRep:
    I've still got no email apart from the email saying I got a place, do you only get it when the teacher fills in the reference?

ReputationRep:
    I've just received my confirmation email (Computer science over the summer) and was confused about the admissions test question too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    I've still got no email apart from the email saying I got a place, do you only get it when the teacher fills in the reference?
    No, my teacher hasn't filled out her reference yet. Email them tomorrow I'd say if you haven't had anything by about 10 AM just to be safe. I asked them to resend me the email, but I think they just forwarded it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm attending the summer mathematics course from the 29th July until the 3rd August

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to find anyone who's doing my week, I'm going from the 22-27 of July

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I’ve got a place on the Egyptology course from 15th-20th July

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloelb14)
    I got in for medicine for the 1st-6th July🙂 Anyone else accepted for the same dates?
    me!! medicine too 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hebahp)
    I haven't received mine yet, and it looks like lots of people on this thread haven't either!
    I haven’t had mine yet either and I’m getting worried, but I kind of think that it may be because I confirmed my place several times to make sure I’d accepted it. I last accepted it just the other day, so maybe the email time resets every time you confirm? Just a theory (hoping for the best)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aelamran1)
    Anybody who got accepted for biochemistry feel free to message me and we can start making a group chat
    Omg I've been looking for someone who got in biochem!!! I've gotten in too!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.