Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Accepted into summer sch for maths!!

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for PPE. It came as no surprise as my gcse grades where way below what I should have got, and my are does not meet the socio-Economic criteria. Wishing everyone who get in the best time. I’m really hoping I get into Sutton trust. I have had no luck on summer school applications. Sutton trust is my final hope. However I’m not feeling hopeful for that either.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Accepted for maths! Such a huge relief I got the week I did, too, as the other week had my Uncle's wedding in the middle, so I wouldn't have been able to go! I'm so glad I got in - I thought I wouldn't since I had to put my C in French and D in Art down - but clearly it doesn't matter for maths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewinterstudent)
    Accepted for maths! Such a huge relief I got the week I did, too, as the other week had my Uncle's wedding in the middle, so I wouldn't have been able to go! I'm so glad I got in - I thought I wouldn't since I had to put my C in French and D in Art down - but clearly it doesn't matter for maths!
    Congratulations!

Good to see that they didn’t stop you because of those two grades. I’m in a similar position (5 in English Language, D in German) but you might have more A*s. Hope you enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for medicine but got into Oncology - still ecstatic though! Anyone doing Oncology this summer?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got in for biomed?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Congratulations to those who got in :borat:

...and to those who didn't - it's not a big deal. You can still get into a good university without going on a Summer School programme. There are plenty of other ways (and possibly even more effective ways) to show your enthusiasm for XYZ subject.

E.g. for CompSci you could create some really cool project over the summer and put it on Github.

ReputationRep:
    Got onto uniq digital??? (couldn’t apply to spring/summer due to clashes)

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing Spring politics (q-step) PM me ao we can make a group chat (totally not copying what another poster said)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by time4twice)
    anyone doing Spring politics (q-step) PM me ao we can make a group chat (totally not copying what another poster said)
    Hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issie murray)
    i got accepted onto spring humanities too!
    What did you originally apply for? I applied for French so I was a bit shocked but I'm overall happy, I know French was competitive to get into for Summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    Accepted for Materials science I'm quite surprised I got in, because I literally knocked up a lil' personal statement on the night before the deadline for applications (literally at 11PM). Maybe it's cos of my (mild) extenuating circumstances.

Only problem is, I can say goodbye to the Cambridge open day....
    Well done! You can always book an independent visit I'm sure, contacting the department directly? Maybe check your options and be sure to visit Cambridge if you want to apply, it's so stunning.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by voo)
    Well done! You can always book an independent visit I'm sure, contacting the department directly? Maybe check your options and be sure to visit Cambridge if you want to apply, it's so stunning.
    Thanks, yeah I might try and find an open day in April, as I really wanna go there

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! I just got accepted to do the biomedical sciences course😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by time4twice)
    I got accepted for Uniq Spring (politics), I know it's ungrateful but I really wanted to do the summer PPE programme but oh well.
    same here, I'm so looking forward to politics in spring but it's ppe that I want to do at uni so I had my hopes on that course

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeah I might try and find an open day in April, as I really wanna go there
    Look out for masterclasses too

https://www.oxfordandcambridgeoutreach.co.uk/events
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by voo)
    Look out for masterclasses too

https://www.oxfordandcambridgeoutreach.co.uk/events
    Yeah, did consider the masterclasses but it'll cost like £80 to get there, on top of the £20 cost

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, did consider the masterclasses but it'll cost like £80 to get there, on top of the £20 cost
    Ah gosh that's a lot. Booking (way) in advance tends to be cheaper. Keep an eye out on that page for any opportunities though. I know Cambridge do humanities residentials, which travel most likely get reimbursed, but check for any sciences regularly.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope I get a response about UNIQ Digital. I’d have to be really thick not to get an invite to the course that pretty much every applicant gets the chance to take part in.

I’ve been through more than a lot of the other applicants, got the best GCSE results in my school (with 2A*s, which says a lot about my school’s record- they have a 24% 9-5 rate for English and Maths too) even after I attempted suicide but still, nothing I do ever seems to be enough. Now UNIQ probably think I’m incapable of even being able to handle a pity course.

Rant over. Things just aren’t going well at the moment and this is just one more thing. It just feels like everyone else is getting everything, even though I got a place on two study days( one of which I can’t attend due to transport issues) but even then, I didn’t hear of any rejections on here.

ReputationRep:
    got into maths and stats

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.