Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lorelei.clinton)
    Got accepted for doing History: Order and Freedom for the Summer programme. Quite surprised, but very pleased to be going.
    Feel free to message me if doing the same course - would love to get to know more people.
    Hi, I got onto the same History course- wasn't expecting it really as I imagined the competition would be of exceedingly high standard but its a nice surprise!

For those interested: 10A*s (including 9 in Maths) Acorn Level 2/4 and on the 16-19 bursary, living with a single parent (neither went to uni).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voo)
    Omg congrats! It'll be so weird - I'm Lucy too so I guess there's gonna be two aha. Are you taking any languages at A Level right now?
    Congrats to you too! Yeah that will be weird... I’m doing French at A-level and I did German at GCSE. I’m looking at doing French and a beginners language at uni

ReputationRep:
    Got acepted for UNIQ engineering during the summer! Is anyone else going, feel free to PM me

(Got 7A*s and 39s at GCSE, live in an area with acorn value of 52)

ReputationRep:
    I got into UNIQ Computer Science which is running 15th to 20th July!! Can't seem to find anyone else on this thread who has (I think there were 20 places??) but please PM me if you did. So excited!

ReputationRep:
    I got into the summer physics course. I had even forgot that about it and was surprised when I saw the email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uranium Potato)
    Rejected for medicine but got into Oncology - still ecstatic though! Anyone doing Oncology this summer?
    My daughter did it two years ago and is now doing dentistry. She loved it and they had less work to do than the humanities/language students!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nxncydooley)
    Hi, just got accepted on to the UNIQ summer school studying PPE. Just wondered if anyone else has a place, or if people who have been could share helpful tips and experiences?
    I also got into the summer school for PPE. Well done 😊

ReputationRep:
    Oooh good job guys. Unfortunately didn't get a place for Chemistry, but it says I'd be part of the UNIQ Digital. Does anyone know what that is?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by topazz)
    Oooh good job guys. Unfortunately didn't get a place for Chemistry, but it says I'd be part of the UNIQ Digital. Does anyone know what that is?
    http://www.uniq.ox.ac.uk/uniqdigital

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucylo)
    Congrats to you too! Yeah that will be weird... I’m doing French at A-level and I did German at GCSE. I’m looking at doing French and a beginners language at uni
    Wherever I go there's literally another Lucy, even at my school and some language day Cambridge did. That's cool! I love French so much, Oxbridge are really good for languages if you like literature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voo)
    Wherever I go there's literally another Lucy, even at my school and some language day Cambridge did. That's cool! I love French so much, Oxbridge are really good for languages if you like literature
    Haha same here! Except there’s someone at my school with literally the same name and surname as me, which makes things a bit confusing! Yeah, French is definitely my favourite subject, I never find the lessons boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucylo)
    Haha same here! Except there’s someone at my school with literally the same name and surname as me, which makes things a bit confusing! Yeah, French is definitely my favourite subject, I never find the lessons boring
    That's so booky! I'm glad someone else likes French as much as me, I'm only in a class of 2 :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marxfan2001)
    Same, I'm super pumped.
    Sooo exciting
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxmbi)
    Haha mine were the same as yours weirdly. I had three 9's tho
    Wow, that's good !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deliciate)
    9A*s and 1A D:
    That's awesome! Good luck on your uni application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voo)
    That's so booky! I'm glad someone else likes French as much as me, I'm only in a class of 2 :'
    That’s such a small class! There’s 10 in mine

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else doing History: Race and Protest 15-20th July?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ihatecrumpets)
    Hi, I got onto the same History course- wasn't expecting it really as I imagined the competition would be of exceedingly high standard but its a nice surprise!

For those interested: 10A*s (including 9 in Maths) Acorn Level 2/4 and on the 16-19 bursary, living with a single parent (neither went to uni).
    Awesome 😊 I don’t know anyone else doing this course so far. It shocked me at how competitive the programme is, but I’m very happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hebahp)
    I got into UNIQ Computer Science which is running 15th to 20th July!! Can't seem to find anyone else on this thread who has (I think there were 20 places??) but please PM me if you did. So excited!
    Heyup! Not the same course, I'm on History: Race and Protest but the same dates as you!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChairTyson)
    got in for economics please feel free to pm
    I got in for economics too

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.