Turn on thread page Beta

There’s a lot of middle class trend followers at my school that have started to listen to rap but I was wondering if it’s because they actually think it’s good or is it because it’s popular
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It is good, listen to some oldschool eminem or 2pac. God bless the dead, me against the world and temptations are my favourite.

(Original post by rickyrossman)
    It is good, listen to some oldschool eminem or 2pac. God bless the dead, me against the world and temptations are my favourite.
    Oh yeah old school rap is good but I forgot to mention that they are listening to artists like lil pump (un ironically)

ReputationRep:
    I don’t.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    *Mumbles in generic, overly autotuned voice*

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it - no offense, but it makes me feel dumb listening to it

There's definitely a lot of middle class kids in my school only listening to it to seem #edgy as well lol

But hip hop is a brilliant genre, & there's some really intelligent and thought-provoking stuff out there, especially the older stuff as someone's already been saying ^ I think you can kinda distinguish between who's genuine in their love for the genre and who's not by the kinda stuff they're listening to - without sounding pretentious!!

It's a shame that it's getting watered down and popularised as much as it is
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes, there are people who like rap music, myself included.

ReputationRep:
    Eminem is a legend

ReputationRep:
    I like Post Malone.

ReputationRep:
    More of a Grime person tbh, but I listen to whatever pleases my ears😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMcSame)
    *Mumbles in generic, overly autotuned voice*
    Migos😂😂

ReputationRep:
    I personally can’t stand it, the sounds make my ears curl into a ball

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snmboy007)
    Migos😂😂
    Their **** is catchy tho aha Culture 2

Some rap artists such as Eminem, Logic, J Cole and even Post Malone make some really sound music. Some of it is quite meaningful too and it's not just all about drugs, money, women etc. I love rap music because the beat really motivates me but people like Lil Pump aren't really my type - the stuff they rap about and their music in general is nothing compared to some rappers. I guess it comes down to personal taste but mainstream rap music nowadays is so misogynistic and is so much less thought-provoking that I can't imagine many people genuinely like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aceplayyt)
    Their **** is catchy tho aha Culture 2
    Tru-they've had some pretty big hits as well. It just frustrates me that they use so much autotune. Because of where I've grown up, I listen to grime and understand it, even relate to in some ways. And all the stuff they tlk about in their songs are real. It's not just about some car, or a girl; it's different.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.