Turn on thread page Beta

This creepy guy won't leave me alone watch

ReputationRep:
    There is this guy in my English class that refuses to take a hint. He was tho one to initially approached me. I was civil, and he seemed like a half decent guy, if a bit childish and naive (he wants to be a professional youtuber). So, I talked to him a bit, and was relatively friendly. But then I made the mistake of giving him my cell phone number. To make a long story short, this guy who I barely know deemed it appropriate to share explicit material with me and talk to me in way to familiar of a manner than what should have been appropriate. For give me for being a bit standoffish, but I was on no way comfortable with this (clearly) and I believe that he crossed so many boundaries.

I started avoiding him constantly, not returning text, racing out of my class as soon as possible after it finishes, hiding and changing my paths to avoid him. But he keeps following me. An excellent example of this would be that last week, I hid in the bath room for damn near 10 minutes, and I finally exited. He was waiting for me at the end of the hallway.

All things considered, this isn't extreme, I'll admit it, but it is stressing me out and scaring me. These feelings are probably inflated by the few anxiety disorders I have. I cannot concentrate during class, I shake all the time, I can't sleep because I'm letting it overwhelm me so much.

I'm just scared. What do I do?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    you need to tell your English teacher and ask them to keep him back at the end of the lesson to stop him following you
    have you texted him to say he's scaring you? if not try that on a Friday so he has the entire weekend to think it over
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    So you met another student in your class, you gave him your number. He barely knows you and hes sending noods? I'd approach him and tell him to stop sending me noods, delete my number and bugger off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaBeckly)
    There is this guy in my English class that refuses to take a hint. He was tho one to initially approached me. I was civil, and he seemed like a half decent guy, if a bit childish and naive (he wants to be a professional youtuber). So, I talked to him a bit, and was relatively friendly. But then I made the mistake of giving him my cell phone number. To make a long story short, this guy who I barely know deemed it appropriate to share explicit material with me and talk to me in way to familiar of a manner than what should have been appropriate. For give me for being a bit standoffish, but I was on no way comfortable with this (clearly) and I believe that he crossed so many boundaries.

I started avoiding him constantly, not returning text, racing out of my class as soon as possible after it finishes, hiding and changing my paths to avoid him. But he keeps following me. An excellent example of this would be that last week, I hid in the bath room for damn near 10 minutes, and I finally exited. He was waiting for me at the end of the hallway.

All things considered, this isn't extreme, I'll admit it, but it is stressing me out and scaring me. These feelings are probably inflated by the few anxiety disorders I have. I cannot concentrate during class, I shake all the time, I can't sleep because I'm letting it overwhelm me so much.

find yourself a tough boyfriend then tell this loser not to come near you again

ReputationRep:
    I mean, I'd just say what you feel to his face. Being the evil kid I am, ill bring lots of friends to intimidate him and make the word spread very easily to protect other girls, and humiliate him >

But I think you really need to say what you feel to him; and no, not over the phone, but to his face. If its disrupting your studies, its a heck of a problem, report it to a teacher if you must. I think you can report him for an offence of some sort for sending explicit material without your consent, but i'm not sure about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaBeckly)

Block him. In addition to that, or if you can't block him, talk to him about it. If he doesn't listen, report him to someone. This isn't acceptable.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.