The Student Room Group

Triple Science!!!!

Anyone doing the triple science exams this year, and how are you revising, I would like some help
Reply 1
Hey, PM me I need help too!
Original post by Dippy Jam
Anyone doing the triple science exams this year, and how are you revising, I would like some help

I am.
I learn best by reading things through and then picking out the key information. I have the CGP revision guide but some of the stuff in there you wont need to know for the exam so I use that alongside the specification. The spec tells you everything you need to know and they can't ask you anything other than stuff on the spec. If you would like, I can send you the links to them.
Another thing I like to do is write out questions that would trigger my memory when it comes to last minute revising before the exam because obviously I can't revise the entire book again.
I have made revision cards with a question and answer on the back for facts for each science and equations for physics < which to me has been very useful I started making notes for every topic for all 3 but i realised that was too time-consuming so I make them on topics I actually don't understand I have the workbook so i do some questions after making notes I'm going to start working through proper 6 mark questions that are application type and hard
My school also provided some mock papers, the most recent ones for us to do at home which im going to have a go at

Do: know your equations, formulas, facts
know how to apply your knowledge do exam questions
Find gaps in your knowledge
Fill gaps and go over notes

all i can think of right now ..
Hope this was helpful? c:
I find the most useful way to revise is testing, but also when trying to understand the information initially I like to use variety in how I take on the info. I use youtube videos (eg, freesciencelessons, sciencewithhazel) alongside the handouts from class and revision books.
For testing, there are loads of really good online resources . For free ones, I find https://senecalearning.com/ best (exclusive access only at moment, but on Monday it'll be completely available to all and is exam board specific) and things like quizlet can also be good. there are some you pay for, but I don't really think it's worth it when the free ones are just as effective, or in some cases more so
Good luck!
Reply 5
d you recommend dp
Original post by AS02x
I am.
I learn best by reading things through and then picking out the key information. I have the CGP revision guide but some of the stuff in there you wont need to know for the exam so I use that alongside the specification. The spec tells you everything you need to know and they can't ask you anything other than stuff on the spec. If you would like, I can send you the links to them.
Another thing I like to do is write out questions that would trigger my memory when it comes to last minute revising before the exam because obviously I can't revise the entire book again.

Thanks alot, and would you reccomend doing past paers or no?
Reply 6
Original post by raqeen
I have made revision cards with a question and answer on the back for facts for each science and equations for physics < which to me has been very useful I started making notes for every topic for all 3 but i realised that was too time-consuming so I make them on topics I actually don't understand I have the workbook so i do some questions after making notes I'm going to start working through proper 6 mark questions that are application type and hard
My school also provided some mock papers, the most recent ones for us to do at home which im going to have a go at

Do: know your equations, formulas, facts
know how to apply your knowledge do exam questions
Find gaps in your knowledge
Fill gaps and go over notes

all i can think of right now ..
Hope this was helpful? c:

Thanks

Hi there :wavey:
I've moved your thread to Maths, science and technology academic help where hopefully you'll get more answers :smile: In future, it's best to select the subject from the list here and create a thread in there instead :yep: If you want to see where threads belong, check out this thread :smile:
d you recommend dp
Thanks alot, and would you reccomend doing past paers or no?

I would because it helps you to understand what the questions are like. Also when you look at the mark scheme, you can see what exactly you need to write in order to gain as many marks as possible. What exam board are you on [so I can send you the spec]
Reply 9
Original post by AS02x
I would because it helps you to understand what the questions are like. Also when you look at the mark scheme, you can see what exactly you need to write in order to gain as many marks as possible. What exam board are you on [so I can send you the spec]

Oh i am doing Cambridge for my triple science

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending