Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve been prescribed propranolol but yesterday I fell in ice and bruised my back and neck after hitting my head. (I didn’t realise how slippy it was until I had fallen.) Never had snow like this in the UK from what I’ve experienced but I’m in quite a lot of pain. Am I allowed to take painkillers like ibuprofen aspirin paracetamol etc while on propranolol? My dosage is 1 40mg in the morning and 1 40mg in the evening
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Check the little booklet you get inside you medication box. It's really long winded but your answer for your specific medicine will be in there (much more reliable than googling it). Hope your head isn't too painful

ReputationRep:
    I’ve been on it for four years and taken paracetamol and ibuprofen many times! Check the booklet or google if you want to see what’s recommended, from my experience you should be fine to take them (in their recommended dosages of course).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcade22)
    Check the little booklet you get inside you medication box. It's really long winded but your answer for your specific medicine will be in there (much more reliable than googling it). Hope your head isn't too painful
    Thank you, I lost the booklet lol so I’ll check my other box for it, and unfortunately it hurts so muchhh, can’t move my neck properly and my back is hurting so much :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    I’ve been on it for four years and taken paracetamol and ibuprofen many times! Check the booklet or google if you want to see what’s recommended, from my experience you should be fine to take them (in their recommended dosages of course).
    Thank you! Defo gonna be taking the painkillers actually can’t even move properly
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anon2k1)
    I’ve been prescribed propranolol but yesterday I fell in ice and bruised my back and neck after hitting my head. (I didn’t realise how slippy it was until I had fallen.) Never had snow like this in the UK from what I’ve experienced but I’m in quite a lot of pain. Am I allowed to take painkillers like ibuprofen aspirin paracetamol etc while on propranolol? My dosage is 1 40mg in the morning and 1 40mg in the evening
    If you have the little leaflet that came with it that will say, but if you can't find it you can call a pharmacy. They have access to all that information so can look it up for you.
    As far as I'm aware it's fine though.
    You can often find online versions of the leaflets for specific medications too so you can Google something like "propanolol information leaflet", find a result, check that the details on the online leaflet match what the box says then see what information it gives.

Hope that helps and that you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    If you have the little leaflet that came with it that will say, but if you can't find it you can call a pharmacy. They have access to all that information so can look it up for you.
    As far as I'm aware it's fine though.
    You can often find online versions of the leaflets for specific medications too so you can Google something like "propanolol information leaflet", find a result, check that the details on the online leaflet match what the box says then see what information it gives.

Hope that helps and that you feel better soon.
    Thank you, so far I’ve been taking aspirin every morning and night along with my propranolol. It’s starting to get a little better but still sore enough for me to struggle to move freely. I guess it’s better than not being able to move my back or neck at all at least!
    Thank you all for the support and the help.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anon2k1)
    Thank you, so far I’ve been taking aspirin every morning and night along with my propranolol. It’s starting to get a little better but still sore enough for me to struggle to move freely. I guess it’s better than not being able to move my back or neck at all at least!
    Thank you all for the support and the help.
    No worries. If it doesn't improve at all in the next couple of days though you might want to call your GP surgery so you can sort something out to just check there's no damage or anything. Necks and backs are pretty delicate after all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.