Turn on thread page Beta

Oxford/Cambridge/UCL/Sussex watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I wonder if there is anyone who knows well this field - international education and development.

I have applied for four schools (Oxbridge, Sussex, and UCL), of course I visited their websites, saw professors' profiles and their curriculum. But I still want advice and information from somebody who has been there, or who knows how this field works.

My selection criteria would be 1) how good programmes they deliver; professionaly well designed to give profound knowledge and insight, and 2) how powerful in the UN agencies in the field

My interest is intercultural education and I want to work for UN agencies such as UNICEF, UNESCO, UNDP or others like OECD or World Bank. I am currently working in one of these organisations but completely not in the education field, so there is no a suitable person to ask really here.

Thank you very much in advance.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by flores.con.amor)
    Hello,

I wonder if there is anyone who knows well this field - international education and development.

I have applied for four schools (Oxbridge, Sussex, and UCL), of course I visited their websites, saw professors' profiles and their curriculum. But I still want advice and information from somebody who has been there, or who knows how this field works.

My selection criteria would be 1) how good programmes they deliver; professionaly well designed to give profound knowledge and insight, and 2) how powerful in the UN agencies in the field

My interest is intercultural education and I want to work for UN agencies such as UNICEF, UNESCO, UNDP or others like OECD or World Bank. I am currently working in one of these organisations but completely not in the education field, so there is no a suitable person to ask really here.

Thank you very much in advance.
    Postgrads don't tend to stick around and this is a niche field. You are going about this the right way in terms of looking at the courses. Work out what links they have with the field you are interested in and as you work for one of the organisations you are interested in already talk to people in the education dept and find out what their career paths were like. You may need a sideways move rather than a degree.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.