Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just received my P45 from my last place of work that I left. On the form it explains that when I get a new employer I have to give them parts 2&3 of the form, and they have to fill in part 3 and keep part 2. They also apparently have to create a deductions form.

I was wondering if say I ended my employment at that new job would they give me part 2 of the form back, or would they keep it and dispose of it after I've left? (This is just for peace of mind as it has important tax details on there)

Also, would I print out the form (it was sent through email) and give the form to my new employer on an induction day when I have to sign the employment contract?

Lastly, would my new employer be tasked with sending part 3 and the deduction form to H&M Revenue themselves? Basically would all I have to do is hand them part 2 & 3 of the P45 to fill in and they handle the rest?

Any information anyone can give on this matter would be much appreciated as I'm new to the working world and don't know how P45's work lol.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Musicgirl97)
    I've just received my P45 from my last place of work that I left. On the form it explains that when I get a new employer I have to give them parts 2&3 of the form, and they have to fill in part 3 and keep part 2. They also apparently have to create a deductions form.

I was wondering if say I ended my employment at that new job would they give me part 2 of the form back, or would they keep it and dispose of it after I've left? (This is just for peace of mind as it has important tax details on there)

Also, would I print out the form (it was sent through email) and give the form to my new employer on an induction day when I have to sign the employment contract?

Lastly, would my new employer be tasked with sending part 3 and the deduction form to H&M Revenue themselves? Basically would all I have to do is hand them part 2 & 3 of the P45 to fill in and they handle the rest?

Any information anyone can give on this matter would be much appreciated as I'm new to the working world and don't know how P45's work lol.
    If you have the form by email then you have a copy for yourself. You can just forward it to your new employer and they will take it forward from there.

ReputationRep:
    if you leave your second job you'll get a new p45.
    don't worry about the old one
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both for your advice, another question; apparently I have to keep part 1 of the form, but obviously if I forward it to my new employer via email, they will have all the parts; does that matter? Or do they need to see all the parts anyways?

Also, can I give it to them in paper form or do most employers prefer to have it emailed to them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have an over lap with my present employers

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.