The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Kent liberal Arts degree? SOAS? Interest in humanities, languages, art

Hello, I am a current year 12 who is hoping to do either liberal arts at Kent, Illustration and animation at UCA or a dual degree of a humanities with Japanese.

This is quite a lot of open random questions about Kent Uni, Japanese at Uni and my eligibility.

So I do History, Art, Politics and Arts award at sixth form currently. For my arts award I heavily linked this to japan -particularly self teaching japanese in an artistic way. I also have done karate for nearly 10 years and am part of my local japan group and am going to Ito and Yokosuka in the summer after being selected by the members.

I have done lots of things to make up for my lack of evident Japanese qualifications. Originally, I was solely interested in history but it's quite plain to me now. I do like it, I just need a variety. I wanted to do a levels to focus on humanities and arts rather than the added stress of A level Spanish and the fact I am more interested in Japanese since late summer. (Which they dont offer at all at my school, except ab inito IB level and no way am I doing GCSE/AS level maths for the next 2 years of my life).

So here are my questions, they are vague but if anyone has an answer to any of them I would appreciate it! :smile:

1) What is Japanese at SOAS like? I would probably do a dual degree with history, or I would just do Japanese studies. Does anyone do this course? Does it get boring? I just need something interesting and with variety lol.

2) The liberal arts degree at Kent? I would maybe prefer this I think, they would teach a range of humanities with Japanese gradually and you get a year abroad! But I'm still unsure of everything in the course??I am visiting in July too but does anyone have more clarification?

3) Lol should I just do art? I'm predicted an A* and do like it but I don't want to give up on my Japanese fun hobby thing haha

My predicted grades :

Arts award : gold
Art : A*
History : A
Politics : A

Thank you! :smile:
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending