Turn on thread page Beta

Im only 15 but I'm pretty sure I'm gay but I have a gf. I go on sc and instagram and talk to a lot of boys and like exchange pics if u get me and my girlfriend always asks who the guys on my sc are cos we have a lot of the same friends and obviously she doesn't know any of them. Am I cheating on her by doing this? Also I don't really wanna stop cos I like being sexual with guys and Im not particularly interested in being sexual with my gf. Do u think she would be mad or weirded out if I told her and how could I break up with her so we could still be friends? I don't want her to tell anyone I'm gay.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You're being sexual with someone other than your partner. Yes, you are cheating. It's a disgusting thing to do and your girlfriend deserves so much better than you.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't count that as cheating but would heavily frown upon it and tbh some people might break off a relationship because of it

if you are gay then split up with your gf already...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    You're being sexual with someone other than your partner. Yes, you are cheating. It's a disgusting thing to do and your girlfriend deserves so much better than you.
    Hey man, he's 15, we all make mistakes, he isn't doing it maliciously. Is it wrong? sure, is it disgusting? not really. He's asking for help, which shows he wants to do the right thing.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Im only 15 but I'm pretty sure I'm gay but I have a gf. I go on sc and instagram and talk to a lot of boys and like exchange pics if u get me and my girlfriend always asks who the guys on my sc are cos we have a lot of the same friends and obviously she doesn't know any of them. Am I cheating on her by doing this? Also I don't really wanna stop cos I like being sexual with guys and Im not particularly interested in being sexual with my gf. Do u think she would be mad or weirded out if I told her and how could I break up with her so we could still be friends? I don't want her to tell anyone I'm gay.
    Look kid, what you're doing is wrong, it's not good for you or her. I know coming out is scary, but if she cares about you, as tough as it will be she'll support you. I will always advocate the truth, come clean, and life becomes a lot easier. The right thing to do is breakup with her and tell her you want to stay close friends. I wish you the best and hope the situation resolves itself with as little suffering as possible and you can get on with your life and be more authentic and happy.

ReputationRep:
    I understand your fears about bring outed as gay, but regardless of whether you are talking to other guys it would be more harmful to you and her if you stay in a relationship whilst you're not sure about your sexuality. You may not have gone further than texting, but if I found that you were doing that I would personally break up with because you may decide to go further. The SOONER you are honest and truthful you are to her, the less likely she will resent you and it will save matters from complicating in the long run. If you are worried about coming out as gay, talk to a friend you trust or whoever you can for support, and you'll be OK. But I would recommend that the relationship ceases I'm afraid.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    nah man u cool
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If there's no physical contact then I don't consider it cheating, however it's incredibly dishonest and if you were found out you'd likely be dumped, so the end result is similar to you cheating.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Im not particularly interested in being sexual with my gf. Do u think she would be mad or weirded out if I told her and how could I break up with her so we could still be friends? I don't want her to tell anyone I'm gay.
    Well, if you told her you weren't sexually attracted to her, I can't see how she would be fine with being friends as it's going to hurt her.

I find it strange that one of the things you're concerned about is her telling people you're gay rather than how you're leading her on. This is probably a troll anyway...

ReputationRep:
    your not cheating you are just being dishonest.

Yeah you are being dishonest with her. I think you should break up with her if you are not sure of your sexuality.

You're most definitely in the middle of a mess. The whole "cheating" question is controversial, and subjective. You might view it as perfectly fine, while your girlfriend might believe it counts as cheating. The bottomline is, both of you should be happy, and no agreements should be broken. If they are broken, then it is absolutely, 100% cheating.
    As for the breaking up part, that is also entirely your choice. You don't necessarily have to tell her the truth if you don't want others to find out. But then again, there's nothing wrong with openly embracing your true self. Being gay is no better or worse than being straight, or bisexual, or lesbian, or asexual, or pansexual, or anything that ends with "sexual". It's just a feature that you possess. I'm not forcing you to agree with me, or putting ideas in your head. It's just a way to look at it, and if you haven't discovered it yet, here it is in front of you. It all depends on you. Good luck dealing with your problems.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.