Turn on thread page Beta

should the UK general drinking age be reduced to 16? watch

ReputationRep:
    It's not illegal to drink at home once you are over 5 anyway, so if it's a takeaway that you eat at home...

Otherwise it's 16 and a table meal in a licensed premises.

ReputationRep:
    Who on Earth would actually agree to the drinking age being lowered apart from kids who think drinking is cool?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Who on Earth would actually agree to the drinking age being lowered apart from kids who think drinking is cool?
    Me.

We obviously have a drinking problem in Britain, we should try and normalise alcohol a lot more. Lowering the drinking age is one way we can achieve this.

Harsher laws/restrictions on alcohol is not going to solve our drinking problem. Look at how the war on drugs is turning out.

I would also legalise most drugs and then regulate them.

ReputationRep:
    if you reduce the drinking age, then clubs will reduce the entry age,

then clubs wont have 16 yr olds passing for 18 yr olds with fake i.d. you will have 14 hr olds passing as 16 yr olds with fake i. d. s

18 is quite early enough.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.