Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi , I was wondering if there was any UK medical revision courses online.
    If there isn't could someone tell me how good Lecturio or Boards and Beyond are or if there are any other good sites.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcd56)
    Hi , I was wondering if there was any UK medical revision courses online.
    If there isn't could someone tell me how good Lecturio or Boards and Beyond are or if there are any other good sites.

Thank you
    I'm not aware of any online revision courses but there are different question banks you can subscribe to e.g. PassMedicine or OnExamination which have exam style questions, revision notes, videos etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I'm not aware of any online revision courses but there are different question banks you can subscribe to e.g. PassMedicine or OnExamination which have exam style questions, revision notes, videos etc.
    Thanks! I already have OnExamination but I will check out PassMedicine.

If anyone else has used online video courses, your advice would be much appreciated.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    It depends what you're after and how much background knowledge you already have?

I don't know any sources that are like a university course where it teaches you from the beginning but if you already have the knowledge from medical school and want things to supplement then as recommended above PassMedicine, PasTest, OnExamination are good for testing knowledge. I like to watch youtube videos too if I need a refresher on the basics such as KhanAcademy, Osmosis and Armando Hasudungan.

Task UEA Official UG Rep

ReputationRep:
    Osmosis is great and free, the videos provide quick summaries to everything you need to know.

I bought a 3 month subscription to lecturio, because I panicked and felt I needed a bit more guidance. The lectures are good for explaining topics in a simple easy to understand way. However alot of it american, so the management of certain conditions is different. It might be useful for the basic sciences.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, this is really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble3004)
    Osmosis is great and free, the videos provide quick summaries to everything you need to know.

I bought a 3 month subscription to lecturio, because I panicked and felt I needed a bit more guidance. The lectures are good for explaining topics in a simple easy to understand way. However alot of it american, so the management of certain conditions is different. It might be useful for the basic sciences.
    I just had a look at osmosis and there is an option for a prime membership. Does this offer anything extra over the free version?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.