ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I've firmed Durham, and put Newcastle as my insurance - both for Maths

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll do:
    FIRM: Imperial College London
    INSURANCE: King's College London
    For Medicine.

Trying to choose between King's and Leicester for the insurance choice.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Firm: Exeter (BBB)
    Insurance: None. Was going to put Durham (ABB) as my insurance after they lowered my offer, but didn't really see the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystelle)
    Firm: Exeter (BBB)
    Insurance: None. Was going to put Durham (ABB) as my insurance after they lowered my offer, but didn't really see the point.
    What did you put as an insurance?

What happens if you get something like A*AC and get rejected by Exeter because they are full up with applicants who met their offer. Wouldn't you be kicking yourself if Durham would have accepted you with that?

ReputationRep:
    For accounting and finance
    most likely going to:
    Firm: Univeristy of Birmingham
    Insure: University of Kent
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    What did you put as an insurance?

What happens if you get something like A*AC and get rejected by Exeter because they are full up with applicants who met their offer. Wouldn't you be kicking yourself if Durham would have accepted you with that?
    I have no insurance, as I've said already. If I don't get BBB I'll just have to deal with being in clearing - that's just how the system works. Exeter was my first choice and their offer of BBB was the lowest of my other 4. So what is the point of putting any insurance?

ReputationRep:
    For Law

Firm : KCL
    Insurance : Bristol
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I have no insurance, as I've said already. If I don't get BBB I'll just have to deal with being in clearing - that's just how the system works. Exeter was my first choice and their offer of BBB was the lowest of my other 4. So what is the point of putting any insurance?
    i know durham choice is higher than BBB so technically it shouldnt work as an insurance, but come results day durham might have spaces available and decide to take u in anyway? it's probably a stretch to get into durham given you get rejected by exeter but there's always that 1% chance to play on

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you absorbed what I wrote; "What happens if you get something like A*AC and get rejected by Exeter because they are full up with applicants who met their offer. Wouldn't you be kicking yourself if Durham would have accepted you with that?"

See also the comments by ihatePE
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i know durham choice is higher than BBB so technically it shouldnt work as an insurance, but come results day durham might have spaces available and decide to take u in anyway? it's probably a stretch to get into durham given you get rejected by exeter but there's always that 1% chance to play on
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    I don't think you absorbed what I wrote; "What happens if you get something like A*AC and get rejected by Exeter because they are full up with applicants who met their offer. Wouldn't you be kicking yourself if Durham would have accepted you with that?"

See also the comments by ihatePE
    Then I'd be in clearing, simple as that.

Honestly, though, I've been wanting to go Exeter for a very long time and they've offered me £1,500 scholarship if I achieve AAB, which are my predicted grades. No way will I slack off and let such an amazing offer go to waste. I am well aware of the possibility of ending up in clearing, but dwelling on this would just cause unnecessary stress, when I can actually work hard towards achieving my offer.

ReputationRep:
    Then I'd be in clearing, simple as that.

Honestly, though, I've been wanting to go Exeter for a very long time and they've offered me £1,500 scholarship if I achieve AAB, which are my predicted grades. No way will I slack off and let such an amazing offer go to waste. I am well aware of the possibility of ending up in clearing, but dwelling on this would just cause unnecessary stress, when I can actually work hard towards achieving my offer.
    I hope you don't end up in clearing and wishing you had insured Durham on a 'just in case' basis. Good luck.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.