Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Good evening everyone, I am trying to apply for a student loan and maintenance as I am going to start a University course in September, and I have many many doubts. As I am an EU student I read already that is impossible to get the maintenance support but my case is quite different: I came to the UK in 2016 as aupair for 7 months till February 2017, then I started to work for a company and I am still working at the moment. I don't receive any financial support from my parents. My dad has died (but I never had any relation with him, last time I saw him was 15 years ago), I keep in touch with my mom regularly but she never sent me money or something like that. I feel like I am an independent person since I was 20 (I will be 22 next month). I am paying for everything rent, bills, council tax etc. I wish I could have that maintenance support because I will need the money (although I am going to work part time) because I don't have anybody to support me. I will appreciate every information or help in order to sort out this issue. Thank you very much!

    Apply as a migrant worker, not EU student and you will get your maintenance loan/grant without any problems.

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.